[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar Unofficial 2v2 Single Elimination 2011 Tournament
Forum Index » Tournaments
Is there a map that should not be used in this tournament?
Butterfly 0% [ 0 ]
Close Range 36% [ 4 ]
Oasis 0% [ 0 ]
Quatros Arenas 0% [ 0 ]
Fourquad 18% [ 2 ]
Mercury 0% [ 0 ]
X-Island 27% [ 3 ]
Sand Castle 9% [ 1 ]
Nope. All these maps are balanced. 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11
[Avatar]
Tournament

[Avatar]
Tournament

This Tournament will be a 2v2 16 man single* elimination tournament. It will contain 16 teams (32 players) fighting against each other for honor and glory (and possibly a reward?). Match ups will be partially randomized loosely based around the average score of the two players. If you would like to be a contender in this tournament post the name of your team mate in this thread and PM me your races, or send me a game as the races you will play.

Rules:
The average score of your team must be 1800+ (You could have a 1600 player and a 2200 player on the same team) I will also need confirmation that you are not the same person, so at some point both players on a team will need to be online at the same time.
All rounds will be a maximum of one week long.
If the game is not finished at the end of the week the winner will be decided by kill:loss ratio.
All players are required to tell me by PM, email** or in-game who won each match, if there is a dispute the devs (because they are awesome!) will check game records to verify who actually won. The liars will be publicly shamed forevermore.
Map selection is randomized, but both teams are allowed to veto one map from the map pool.
Because of imbalance of race, each team must have 2 different races within it.

The map pool*** is still being decided (hence the poll). If you think a map is imbalanced say so and it may be removed. If you have questions ask away.

Spread the word. If by the end of the next two weeks I do not have 16 teams I will search for possible candidates within the game. The in game chat will also be monitored if questions need to answered or teams are made.

* A poll will be created a few days before the start of the tournament to see if the contestants would rather have the tournament be a best of 3.
** UniwarTournament@gmail.com
** *Peanut Isle has been removed from the map pool.

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Jan 31, 2011 21:16

[Email]
Salival

Salival

Who are you?
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

So we may setup our own teams?
And each game only lasts one week?

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Tournament

[Avatar]
Tournament

Yes, teams are decided by the players. Who the teams play against will be decided randomly.

Each round will last a week total... though there may be extensions depending on the circumstance... I'd prefer this tournament to take about a month.
[Email]
[Avatar]
TheOwner

[Avatar]
TheOwner

Who are you? Also Single Elimination isn't fair if there is only one battle. If doing single elimination it should be best of three to remove any lucky wins.

Check out Challonge.com for brackets.

I was gonna say 'You been owned' but that makes me sound cocky... so um... ya...
zalcore

zalcore

Hmm... a 2v2 tournament... this seems interesting...

What "lucky wins" are you talking about? In 2v2 games the two races balance each other out and 1v1 race imbalances are no longer game changing...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 30, 2011 08:14

Why isn't my name CAPITALIZED? As always the world is out to get me...
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Tournament

[Avatar]
Tournament

Normally I would have a tournament be best of 3, but due to the circumstance of it being a painful process to verify wins I'm not sure that it is possible. I PM'd kralux about other possible options but I have yet to get a reply. If when I have 16 teams and they all want to do a best of 3 tournament and are willing to post 2-3 screenshots* a week rather than 1 it will be switched. Right now I'm leaving it as a single game.

Your point of free wins is irrelevant. as zalcore said, the normal race imbalances don't effect to 2 vs 2 that much.

*Screenshots no longer required

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02, 2011 16:34

[Email]
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Btw, if you want a fast reply from Kralux, I would suggest inviting him to a game, instead of PM'ing him on the forums, as he hasn't been on the forums for a while.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
youownme

youownme

I cant take screenshots or create a new account... I cant play in the tourney then?

-_-
[Avatar]
Tournament

[Avatar]
Tournament

YouOwnMe, I think you read something wrong. That requirement was removed a few days ago when I talked to the devs who are willing to verify who won/lost. You may be getting this from Sphinks' tournament thread. The 2v2 tournament and the 1v1 tournament are unrelated. All the rules and requirement for THIS tournament will be posted in THIS thread.
[Email]
[Avatar]
swaps508

[Avatar]
swaps508

i want to participate....
but i dnt know how to???
[Avatar]
Tournament

[Avatar]
Tournament

All the information you need is in the first post. Find someone who will play in the tournament with you, and as long as you meet the 1800 average you can play in the tournament. Just send me a game with the races you will be playing and you will be notified when the tournament starts.
[Email]
[Avatar]
dennis pyle

[Avatar]
dennis pyle

When will tournament take place
[Email]
[Avatar]
Tournament

[Avatar]
Tournament

I'm hoping to start it the week after next, but first there needs to be 16 teams participating in it. I'm guessing I will be able to start it a little before the end of February.
[Email]
[Avatar]
swaps508

[Avatar]
swaps508

my team for 2vs2 tournament-
#1 swaps508 score-1921
#2 TTHIEUMA score-1793
plz register my team for tournament thank u
Forum Index » Tournaments