[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Khrals vs Titans in DeadMonk
Forum Index » Khraleans
Linxkali

Linxkali

Hi, i tried various strategies on DeadMonk map with Khraleans vs Titans and i've never win.

Is there a winning strategy in this map?
boourns

boourns

I usually start with 1-2 underlings, then a pincer to block the path between trees. If you feel your pincer is in danger of getting killed build a healer unit, the +6 heal is downright unfair. Depending on what the opponent plays, you can go straight for a wyrm or do more buried underlings or even flying units. To be honest, this map heavily favors the Khral player, in my opinion at least.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Krahls vs Titans on Dead Monk is a pretty fair fight, but I think it favors Krahls a bit.
My basic advice:
1. For the first few rounds, just make underlings. Unless you see that your opponent is going to rush you, don't bother with any other units for the first few rounds.
2. Don't bother making a pinzer; go straight for wyrms and swarmers. If your opponent makes speeders, try to take them out early. If it gets to a point where you can't kill his speeders with buried ants or a swarmer/wyrm combo, then you'll be forced to build a pinzer.
3. Don't let your opponent assimilate any ants unless you know you can win regardless...Buried ants are the only way krahls can beat titans on this map.

Hope that helped. :3

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Linxkali

Linxkali

Thank you both, seems i'm a little noob, because for you "this map favor Krahls" and i can't win, lol.

I will try your tactics
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Linxkali wrote: Thank you both, seems i'm a little noob, because for you "this map favor Krahls" and i can't win, lol.

I will try your tactics

If you want some tips, feel free to invite me to a game

[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

Huh, I personally try to plop down a pinzer ASAP while fitting underlings in between (to at least try to screw with any Walkers they build). As long as you position your buried underlings correctly to beat the crap out of their walkers, your Pinzers should be able to hold off any land units easily.

Still, I have to try a non-Pinzer Wyrm/Swarmer spam, because Walkers are just a pain the general arse on this map.
Linxkali

Linxkali

nfong wrote:
  Linxkali wrote: Thank you both, seems i'm a little noob, because for you "this map favor Krahls" and i can't win, lol.

I will try your tactics

Thank you. You wanna be invited how Khrals or Titans?
boourns

boourns

I am with guolin on the importance of an early pinzer. only thing that hurts the pinzer is plasma tanks and walkers, which if played right the opponent should never get a chance to save up for a walker.

As an aside: for me, i find the pinzer+healer vs a titan's tank+healer to be an unfair matchup. they are pretty much the same combat strength, but the pinzer gets a "get out of jail free" +6 heal. not to mention that the tank can be ganged up up on much easier with buried underlings/wyrms/swarmers.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Linxkali wrote:
  nfong wrote:

I will try your tactics

Thank you. You wanna be invited how Khrals or Titans?

I'll be Krahls, so I can show you how to beat Titans.

boourns wrote: I am with guolin on the importance of an early pinzer. only thing that hurts the pinzer is plasma tanks and walkers, which if played right the opponent should never get a chance to save up for a walker.

As an aside: for me, i find the pinzer+healer vs a titan's tank+healer to be an unfair matchup. they are pretty much the same combat strength, but the pinzer gets a "get out of jail free" +6 heal. not to mention that the tank can be ganged up up on much easier with buried underlings/wyrms/swarmers.

I'd rather save money and get a wyrm instead of a pinzer. Wyrm can hide behind the forest hexes and dish out damage to mechas/plasmas without any retribution. I find that ants/wyrms/swarmers are much more effective against titans on Dead Monk.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 15, 2011 15:11

Linxkali

Linxkali

I have found blocking path with an early pinzer it's a good tactic, and, may be, build one healer. Now i have won two games with this tactic.
ricus

ricus

I have an different tactics and Never lost a Round with this tactics:

1. Build 1 pinzer and send it to the Middle
2. Build a wyrum
3. Let the Pinzer take the Damage and the wyrum destroyes the enemys .
4. Repeat

When playing vs sapiens than u can do 1, 2 and 3 too, but i would Build some Dragon Things (don't know their Name at mom) otherwise the Same Thing, Never lost with khraleans with this tactic
xenres

xenres

well the titans are brute strength while krahl is just pure range and swarming. since ur on dead monk, ur upkeep is gonna be 200 most of the game. if your opponent rushes you, just spawn a couple of underlings and keep em buried. when u opponent is near enough, ambush and continue. this tactic is very useful for annoying people. you also want to get rid of any assimilators because of their special ability to turn ur pawns against you. hope i helped
Forum Index » Khraleans