[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Player color select and position select
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Being able to pick a player color from the vast selection would be a small change, but make a big difference. Sometimes when I look at my list of active games it's easy to get them all muddled up because I'm either red or blue. Having the choice of all the different colors would make it very easy to differentiate them in the list view, not to mention add a little flavor to the game.

Also, in creating a custom game I would like the option to pick which position I would like to be in, especially in multiplayer games.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Sphink

Sphink

Yes being able to select your color/position in team games would be nice, because you can place the strongest players in the correct position.

Other wise you can only be blue, which means you have a team mate on one side and an opponet on the other side.

Or tell whoever you want blue is to start the game, and the invite order/starting positions...

This would be much easier, I suggest this new feature too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12, 2011 01:13

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

I just realized! I think color select should only be in 2-player games. I have memorized the color order for multi-player matches, and it REALLY helps to know that in high level matches, the order of who is next. Sure you could access the menu and remind yourself, or just memorize the positions, but in-game, it is so much easier to just look at the colors and remember who is next.

So i think color select should only be in two-player matches. (maybe even 3 player, but no more)

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Sphink

Sphink

How about all the colors stay the same (except in 2vs2) but the creator of the game has the option to join any color/starting position he perfers. This would keep the color move order the same, but allow the game creator the option of being in a different position/color then blue.

Alot of the time I want to create a team game but don't want to be in the blue position. I'm not worried about what color I am at all, just the position I start in when creating a team game.

Edit: when I say select your "color/starting position", I don't mean both options independantly, I mean by selecting your color you select your starting position, or by selecting what position you want to be in you get that color. Not "I want reds position but I want the color orange. I don't think I explaned myself properly

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 17, 2011 18:35

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Don't worry, I get exactly what you mean, and I agree exactly. In large multi-player games, it would be great for the game creator to be able to pick any position he/she wants instead of always being the 1st player. Of course, at the same time, the colors are still locked and fixed to those positions. (So the order will always be blue, red, green, yellow, white, orange, aqua, purple; but at least when you create a game you can pick which POSITION you are in that order instead of always being number 1/blue)

The only other thing I think would be cool is being able to actually pick your color in a 2-player game. When I look at my long list of ongoing games, it would help me differentiate them quicker in the case of 2-player games only. So for 2-player games only, I would like to be able to pick position AND color. This would probably seem far too complicated, and I'm sure it will never be implemented. lol

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Forum Index » New Feature Request