[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Weird defeat...
Forum Index » General Discussion
boourns

boourns

I just had a game in which i lost but felt the system declared defeat too quickly. I'll explain it because it seems stupid to me.

It was on green isle as khral vs sapien (i was blue khral).

We built up boats for a while, then i struck and got the better of it, ending up with 3 boats (2 heavily damaged) to his 1. We are near his base. He retreated his boat, so it was halfway between my base and his. He also had sent up a marine which was within striking distance of taking my base. I had built a another boat though and attacked the marine putting it at 4 health so i didnt bother building an underling to block the marine. At this same time i had killed his other marine at his his base and had 2 underlings there that were ready to take his base. He had built another boat which i killed as well.

So i was on the verge of defeating him when he moves the 4 health marine to capture my base and attacks the boat near my base with his, leaving it at 4 health. It could not kill the marine so the marine captures my base. On my turn i am declared by the computer as defeated, which makes no sense whatsoever.

To recap in case this was confusing:

- I had 3 boats and 2 underlings near his base and he had no units there and no money since he spent it the previous turn on a boat. I also had another boat near my base. and 400 credits.
- he had a boat near my base and had just captured my base. He most likely had 0 credits at the time of capturing my base.

Next turn i would have captured both his base and his dock, keeping me in the game and still at a major advantage. He might have built a marine to block them but it would be dead from the boats. WHy should this be a loss for me?
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

That is simply a victory condition. Lose all your bases = instant lose. Capture all your enemy bases = instant win.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
boourns

boourns

I suppose my point was more to complain than anything. Personally I think if you still have at least 1 unit alive that can capture a base you should not be defeated.
Forum Index » General Discussion