[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Defense units + superweopans + new units
Forum Index » New Feature Request
ricus

ricus

When I was playing the game, I noticed that some people build a huge amount of marines, mechas or bugs. So I would suggest that we can also decide , when creating the game, if superweopans are allowed. They take about 10-20 rounds to charge and 1-5 to launch and maybe even cost something.

Sapiens: Nuke
Titans: Ion cannon
Khraleans: worm (Worm comes out of the Ground)

Each of them make a Damage of 1Tile and all around them and Damage units Till 1HP, which means that, you won't abuse them.

Also some New Units:

Sapiens: Jet fighter
Titans: Spaceship
Khrleans: no Name yet, but a Unit which shoots needles at arial units, so i Wohle Call it needler or sth like that

And than the last Thing, would Be that you can Upgrade bases, so they get a a Defense turret.

Sapiens: MG
Titans: Turret
Khraleans: Littke worm

So what is your opinion to this ?

TYaE
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

NO, maybe, and no.
superweapons/nukes ruin games for the players with actual skill.
new units? perhaps. I would rather stay with the current units and keep it balanced than have new units and be unbalanced.
base upgrades would just cause slower games, as they are purely defensive units. yes, turn-based strategy isn't supposed to be fast-paced, but this would be too much.
Revan_3

Revan_3

What about a completely new class?
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Weapons*
Please try to at least spell THAT right...

As for your ideas, I'm gonna say I pretty much agree with lantry, otherwise i'll be getting violent on you.

Also, a personal message to you: can you think before throwing this stuff here?
I mean, what you're basically asking is "make me this unit, i don't care if it's balanced or not it's your responsibility not mine! Also make sure it's THAT kind of unit, not ANYTHING ELSE you might come up with cuz it wouldn't be MY idea anymore"
That's kinda being an asshole to the devs. My point is, if you're want to try and help out, just give general ideas. For instance more anti air for the khraleans wouldn't be bad, but it's kinda normal considering they're the supreme aerial race.

Lastly, what's with you and worms?!?

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
vampsteed

vampsteed

I would like to see an air unit for the mecha... and hope they lose the teleport wait.. it makes teleport almost useless..as far as super weapons.. i wouldn't mind as long as they take a while to use.. keeps those "players with real skills" on their toes..
savior59

savior59

I do like the idea of new units and defense turrets, that would definantly improve gameplay if it can be added in a balanced mannor. Turrets would be good for that extra base support, while new units could definantly spice up the gameplay. However, I do disagree with the superweapons, it just seems unfair to me. Good thinking though
cogger

cogger

Good ideas I especially like the idea for turrets, it would help titans defend as they have less mobility to make it back to the base in time. I have to disagree/critique your other ideas though. Khrals have both strong and range cover for ariel. Titans make up for lack of ariel by having the best aa in the game. If there were to be another sap ariel, it would have to be fairly weak, because helicopter is one of the better units. As for the superweapons, it takes a bit of the strategy out of the game. But hey, i could be wrong, im open to changes like this. Keep the ideas comming,
sparticus

sparticus

I Like the idea of new units but feel that super weapons are a bit of a stretch. Maybe a development of an elite unit, taking 2 or more turns to build but can have only one on the map at a time. This will add a new level and strategy to the game. As for turrets that would mean building structures which may be going to far but is something interesting to think about. I think it will add some more flare to the game by creating a new super unit for each race. Any ideas on capabilities would be great and maybe we can push it up to the game editors so they will have less work to do.

"Evil prevails only when good men do nothing" Edmund Burke
SS Hunter49

SS Hunter49

I agree. I like the idea of a super-unit. But here is another idea, Elite Units. Basically all of our existing units except with maxed experience. For example. A titan tank; normally costs 500 credits. Perhaps for 1100 credits you could build a upgraded titan - 2 rounds to build with 20 health. This unit can also come under attack while under construction without being able to return fire.

I am thinking perhaps when purchasing ANY unit you have an option to buy an elite version of the same unit with 20 health over 2 rounds for 210% of the original cost. Of course this elite status should also be able to achieved through gameplay. Experience should go past two ranks. If an elite unit IS introduced in the manner I suggested I think that the experience cap should stop at 20 (opposed to the existing 12). Elite units cannot achieve any additional experience.

Finally, I am thinking of an additional navel unit for each faction and perhaps downgrade the universal power of navel ships as is and make more specific types. For example, what if the Titans' ship was slightly downgraded such that is was less effective against ground units in one form or another. Then they were given a weaker ship that was an artillery/aircraft carrier which we had a range of 4-6 or something of that nature. Perhaps a ship which is anti-air/infantry for the sapiens. Some type of alien submarine that could surface and fire in the same round but could not fire against land or air units? switch 'em up? Aircraft carrier for sapiens? anti air ship for Titans?

Throwing ideas out there guys, Let me know what you think!
Forum Index » New Feature Request