[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Getting walled?
Forum Index » Khraleans
[Avatar]
Legimancer

[Avatar]
Legimancer

one of the titans favourite strategies is to build a wall and push up against your forces until they reach your base.

to counter this build 3-5 underlings, bury them and move them over to the opponents plasma cannons, make sure arent too close to an assimilator or the whole strategy can be used against you.

now put 2 underlings to a plasma cannon the extra one can go anywhere that will do extraa damage to you oponent

unbury the Underlings and attack the cannons, you dont have to unbury them all at once, but try to get the underlings that are attacking the same unit to attack on the same turn that way you get the biggest bonus.

the titan player will have to deal with the underlings, he will prbably take a few units off his wall to do so. that leaves him distracted and weakend so you can go in and tear down the walll and take the status quo.

some drawbacks are: it takes FOREVER to get your units into place cause movement buried is 2 spaces on dirt and 1 space everywhere else

because it takes forever you have to hold out until the underlings are where they should be and that can be pretty risky, but if you have pinzers at the right choke points you can just keep healing them and letting them get attacked by the enemy.

if anyone has a better strategy for countering walls just post here please

I hope i Dont offend anyone, and if I do, too bad
Anonymous

Anonymous
First post here

Great strategy it seems very useful at times
clamato

clamato

Like all strategies it varies from map to map but...

Pinzers backed with infectors can take down plasma tanks pretty well, since they can easily out-heal them.

Sometimes it's good to get get a bunch of underlings on the other side of the wall and leave them there to harass reinforcements. Nothing demoralizes a titan player more than taking down a freshly-built walker.

Don't be afraid to lose an underling or two to assimilators. One or two assimilated underlings aren't that useful against khraleans (just make sure they can't take out an infector) and it's worth losing a couple to take down more expensive titan units. Also most players can't resist a chance to capture an opponent's underling, even if it's not the best move at the time. For example resurface a sacrificial underling to draw an assimilator away from the wall so you can destroy it with other buried units.

You can also resurface to threaten a base just to make them waste credits defending it.

All in all titan wall strategies work far better against sapiens than khraleans. The underling burying and resurfacing is really made for harassing those poor titans.
[Avatar]
Legimancer

[Avatar]
Legimancer

that is true, but the anti wall strategy is really a suicide mission intended as a distraction the underlings will alll definitly die one way or another

I hope i Dont offend anyone, and if I do, too bad
Jemradary

Jemradary

Thanks for this tip. This is something I have been working on myself. I have a friend I play 80% of the time with and he seems to have taken to the Titans.
keymaster2

keymaster2

the infector is really good unit to use for healing.When using it be careful as it is very weak.Lots of units take down support in 1 attack
Forum Index » Khraleans