[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Pinch to zoom in and out
Forum Index » New Feature Request
martimer

martimer

For those of us with 'fat fingers' it sure would be nice to be able to change the view (zoom in so we stop selecting the wrong things). I tried to use my 'pinky' finger, but I have some nerve damage and those fingers do not work as well as they used to.

It would also be nice to be able to move the (somewhat annoying) confirmation dialog as it occasionally hides the map location units are to moved to. Given the shape my hands are in, the confirmations have proven to be necessary, but there sure ought to be a better way - maybe move it to the command bar at the bottom of the display.
[Avatar]
lordertz

[Avatar]
lordertz

This is actually a great suggestion that I didn't even think about. Zooming out would be great for big maps and zooming in better for larger fingers and managing small areas. This would be very handy.
[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

I agree - great suggestion.
Jemradary

Jemradary

I also agree on this feature. It could make the game allot more interesting. At least in a navigation perspective.
omulu

omulu

Great idea. I wished for that, when I first played Thermopylae. Lots of scrolling went by.... I actually got a bit frustrated and tried to pinch the screen to cehck if it wasn't possible. I'm always a bit confused when playing big maps...

I understand that zooming IN from the actual sized map may be difficult from a technical perspective (redesign of graphical elements so the sprites don't appear blocky once magnified), but zooming OUT may not be a big problem since there's Quartz and it does a halluva good job in reducing the size of any graphics (can't say about other platforms though).

Maybe gradual implementation, by stages? First ZOOM IN, then, in a later release, ZOOM OUT (of course, the ZOOM IN feature HAS to have a ZOOM OUT counterpart so you can go back to normal magnification, what I mean is, in the first implementation, it doesn't necessarily have to magnify above the current sizes. Keeping on digressing - but then again, Quartz MAY do a good job in both ways, guess it's up for the devs to test and implement).
ahbritto

ahbritto

martimer,

It does not matter how big your fingers are, the touch point is based on the center of contact. Use your big fingers, after a while you won't give it a second thought.

Forum Index » New Feature Request