[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
TALONE about the best warriors:)
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Hello!
We all know that the rating is not an indicator of skill.
Previously, in ancient times many players get rate by the game with their clones. Now
the rating may very well grow by the victories in team games.

So I want to express my personal opinion about who is the best in Uniwar in personal 1x1 games. I play a lot and know, that i say.
So, the best fighter of all time is Alon.
Second place, in my view, shared by TALONE and Lion1.
In third place the following players:
Gracier
Penelope
Thewall
Johnaley

Hope, nobody get insult

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Martyr

[Avatar]
Martyr

(cough) Martyr

Live Life To The Limit|Live Life To The Edge
[Email]
[Avatar]
gracier

[Avatar]
gracier

Hi Talone,

Interesting post, and as you say it is only an opinion, so therefore subjective.

I rarely play rated anymore, although have noticed that a few players continue to rise on the ladder, principally due to team battles, so agree the ranking ladder is not a true reflection of the top solo players.

So here are my thoughts on top players, this is based on opponents that I have played.

1. Talone
2. Alon
3. with respect to 3rd, it’s tough to call, especially when I review my stats against top players so any way its between Gracier and Lion1
5. As above joint 5th is Penelope and Thewall
7. Johnalei

To be fair there are many more masters on the battlefield, however they tend to focus on map/race specialities, rather than ability to adapt to changing dynamics on the battlefield.

Interesting neither of us have selected any of the Japanese players, and for the record there are certain players which are not mentioned above, however I really enjoy playing out battles with them.

Anyway to get the ladder back in order… here are a few ideas

1.) All players above 2000 are reset to 2000 pts

2.) Active players have to host 2 and join 2 random 1-2-1 matches every week
a.) if inactive, that player simply loses pts for those matches until they go below 2000
b.) players should be matched to opponents within 50 ranks or 150 points of another player if above 2000. e.g. if my rank was 99, then I would be matched to players ranked 49 to 149

3.) Team battles do not count for solo ranking score; this could be a separate ladder

4.) Random games cannot be a draw

The above rule proposals would soon get rid of historic issues, and provide a true and current reflection of the leader board; and of course we all need a bit of luck.

Cheers

Gracier

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19, 2011 07:34

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I really like your idea gracier, it would even make me hop in again in rated games.
How about you make getting score and ranks above 2000 only through random games? Of course there should be a separate ladder for team games, we can't ignore those...
I just don't want to see 30 games by the same dude on the same map and the same race over and over again just to have a big dick- er i mean score.

Tell me what you think

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Gracier,reset score is bad idea like communism. Believe me, i now on myself, communism is very bad idea
We should deal with that, what we have. During many years of playing we have score difference, its fact. Now we should not reset but create conditions to approve everybody rank in battle. So in time we will have fair rank sistem without any radical things like total reseting

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I dunno for you guys, but I've been on uniwar for a pretty long time. With the recent changes to rated games I got bored out of ranked random games.
For some months now, I've been in some sorts of "retirement" if you will, just playing unranked team games and "some" ranked team games.

For me resetting would've been a good idea to begin anew, have a fresh start. I guess I could always do a new account for that but I think uniwar restricted multi accounts, so I dunno.
I'll let the devs decide, I'm just putting my thoughts and situation here. Uniwar chat is great but I really enjoyed the game too

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

But there are a lot of good players with rank 2200-2500 that don't want be reseted.

[WWW]
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I think a reset for all players is a good idea. I figure that half of the top 10 are either inactive or don't deserve their score. If someone is actually legit, then there really wouldn't be a problem for him to get back up to the top 10 or so.
Also, I would really like to see a "most played map" stat for each player. People that constantly play maps like Scramble and Jungle really don't deserve their rating imo, because those 2 maps require almost no skill.

Lion, youownme, and sh0wt1me are probably the best players from my perspective. They actually play a lot of different maps, which is why they're so good at this game.

The problem I find with win-loss record is this: if someone has greater than a 5-1 win-loss ratio, it's sorta obvious that they either play bots or just play the same 2-3 maps over and over again. The best players imo, like lion, youownme, and sh0wt1me, have a "healthy" win-loss ratio. Because in a game like this, sometimes it just comes down to luck, and you're not going to get lucky 80-100% of the time, even if you play perfectly.

edit: I forgot about Rainbow, he's also a great player.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19, 2011 15:55

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

I played Rainbow once, and iirc he completely crushed me :D other than that I don't remember the people I play with much, and I haven't played recently

as for the score stuff, this is how I think it should work:
There should be two main ladders: one for singles (1v1, 1v1v1, etc) and one for teams.
Players should have two separate points: their total points, which are used to determine random games, and their "other" points (haven't thought of a good name) which would be reset every month, and used to determine placement on the main ladders.
Thats the basic Idea; I could elaborate more, but nobody would read the whole thing then :P
Basically, I think as many stats as possible should be tracked, so you can see how many wins/losses a player has with each race, map, etc. etc.
lion1

lion1

The reality is that the top players will almost never play each other.

Can anyone give me a balanced map/race combo?

Practically every map/ race combo has a pre-determined winner based on the best strategy.
Since the top players know these, they will almost never play each other.

There is no point in me playing against Talone. Just tell us the map and the races and we will tell you in advance who wins. Why bother going through the motions when we already know the ending?

This is also why the random games dont work. It just comes down to luck if you get the winning or losing map/race combo.

Until the game balance is fixed (and I have written a lot about how to fix it), it is pointless to speculate on who is the best player.

[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

I think that my the ranking of fighters is very correct.

The main criterion that I used - it is not points, but the ability to think strategically on a few moves ahead.

I know very well ShowToMe and Rainbow. They are good fighters, but still not the best.

Now I will say a few words about the ranking.

I am absolutely sure that no one can now achieve the rating in 2800 while playing only random games. This is totally unrealistic today. Moreover, no one can hold rating in 2700 for a long time playing random games. Example - Lion1, rating which ranges from 2500 to 2700.

As for me, I can reach by a new account rating in 2700 only due random games, but no more. And of course, I could not maintain such a rating for a long time.

If you do not play random games, but only custom, then you can get, maybe, until 2800-2900, but not higher. And you can not keep a long time such a rating.

Therefore, the above 2800-2900 can be reached only through team games, or by machinations with multiaccaunts. TALONE after 2800 did both

I'm writing all this in order to help create a fair rating system

[WWW]
[Avatar]
gracier

[Avatar]
gracier

talone wrote:

Therefore, the above 2800-2900 can be reached only through team games, or by machinations with multiaccaunts. TALONE after 2800 did both

I think most of regular players had already realised that is how you got there. Shame on you

this was one of the main reasons I stopped playing ranked games, and suggested a blanket reset

Lion1 wrote:

Practically every map/ race combo has a pre-determined winner based on the best strategy.
Since the top players know these, they will almost never play each other.

Agreed in the majority of cases, however occasionally I find a counter strategy, although to be fair this generally only works once, and against a good opponent he/she will never make the same ‘mistake’ again, and just be more patient in terms of letting the initial match up advantages they have take effect and grow.

I am not sure how you can fix the imbalance issues…so would be keen to understand what ideas you have Lion… Ultimately there is always some advantage to one player or another in any battle; be it capabilities (race), or starting positioning (maps and being player 1 or player 2).
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

lion1 wrote:
Until the game balance is fixed (and I have written a lot about how to fix it), it is pointless to speculate on who is the best player.

Yes, I agree. Just from a glance at the maps' terrain, people can tell which race could do the best or the worst on the map.

talone wrote:

I'm writing all this in order to help create a fair rating system

So in other words, you're admitting you cheated? There's no point in trying to show that you're one of the best in this game by cheating...
Even if the other top players cheat, that really isn't a valid reason for you to cheat yourself.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

nfong wrote:

So in other words, you're admitting you cheated? There's no point in trying to show that you're one of the best in this game by cheating...
Even if the other top players cheat, that really isn't a valid reason for you to cheat yourself.

Do not worry, I have achieved the rating in 2800 absolutely honest way by random and custom games. After 2800 I opened a very good way to get a rating - team games, when you can easily get to 30 eyes for the win. So I have had no need for the machinations with multiaccaunts. Team games - much more efficiently. I only change rate a little by machinations with multiaccaunts only in order to learn how this system works. But I repeat - my main method for ranking in 2800 after a team battle and intensive individual battles in the jungle and scramble.

I've always tried to invite the top players on the battlefield, but they always refused. When I had a rating about 2500, their refusal seemed logical. I thought that they just do not want to play with me because my rating is very low. But when my rating was more than them, I again began to send out many invitations to play. Responded to only a few players, which I am very easy to beat (they played worse than the players from 2200-2300). Only Alon consistent with its rating. Because I reached the first place, I found it exactly, and therefore now have every reason to declare the need to reform the rating system.

I do not care about my rate now becouse i know my real place on ranking table: 2-3 places in the rankings table, if you make a fair and adequate system.

Previously, none of the top 10 did not say publicly what I say. So, this is a good chance to reform the system.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 21, 2011 03:15

[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

So, my suggestions are as follows:

1. All players must play at least 2 or 3 Random games a week. Opponents should be chosen from relatives rated fighters.

2. Not need to do reset the ranking or separate it (individual and team) as it significantly complicates the system, and eventually everything will only get worse. This will be a revolution that will spoil everything. We will lose the old and new will be much worse and confusing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 21, 2011 02:00

[WWW]
Forum Index » General Discussion