[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How to defeat Kharlean air?
Forum Index » Sapiens
gemo

gemo

It seems that sapiens completely lack any decent anti-air units. When you are up against Kharleans, who happen to have 2 air units, this becomes a nightmare.
The only anti-air is the helicopter, which is much more expensive than a similar strength kharlean air unit Garuda.

I am currently in a game where opponent buys $500 helicopter, which get eaten by my $350 garudas. Are there any combinations or strategies for sapiens to counter air?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

what do you mean... Saps are great against khral air-units...

Use mass marines - preferebly in forest/mountain
Maraurders - with hit-run-heal tactics
And of course helikopter - but hide it behind marines and heal it near an engineer

Attack the swarmer/garuda first with marine of marauder, then helikopter - in this way the helikopter takes only small dammage

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

simsverd hit the nail on the head; you have forgotten one of the most important reasons to play sapiens: the marines! though they may be cheap and therefore generally viewed as 'weaker', they can be quite fearsome in groups and are very good for their cost. The most important thing to remember with helis is that in a khralie air battle, the heli is the most expensive unit on the board. make sure you don't lose it!
gemo

gemo

Thanx. There is an interesting duscussion about Kharleans vs sapiens just a few posts below: "Do Saps always beat Khrals? "
It basically states that Sapiens are only in disadvantage in the open, where marines are not as good.
Gustovness

Gustovness

I just started playing about a week ago, but I do know that the BATTERY is a monster at shooting down air units. So, go ahead and follow up on the above strategies that everyone else gave, but throw in a battery or two behind your marines and take pop shots at those swarmers that are outranging your marines.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Battery is nice... but kind of a late game unit, except on BG (team) where you can make it pretty early without risk loosing it..

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

if you are pomping up your marines the only responce from khrals is good moving infector or two.
xenres

xenres

wellif ur marine flooding, get a couple of long rangers to back u up in case of infectors
savior59

savior59

Is it just me, or did Marines use to have 4 attack vs air and now have 3?
Forum Index » Sapiens