[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Rules
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I asked Ismael today, and he told me that the new rule for 2000+ is that you have to play random games (every week I'm guessing?) or else your rating will drop a certain amount for a certain period.
It's not definite yet, but I can see that a lot of people might dislike this rule.

Thoughts?

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

Creepy. Gracier just suggested that sort of thing as a way to fix the ladder: http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1096.page
perhaps the devs do read the forums? One can only hope :P
I just got the update, and interestingly enough the popup message does not elaborate on these mysterious new rules.
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

My suggestions are as follows:

1. All players must play at least 2 or 3 Random games a week. Opponents should be chosen from relatives rated fighters.

2. Not need to do reset the ranking or separate it (individual and team) as it significantly complicates the system, and eventually everything will only get worse. This will be a revolution that will spoil everything. We will lose the old and new will be much worse and confusing.

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
lion1

lion1

Well, I just set up a bunch of random games (using the updated version of Uniwar) and got assigned opponents that are much lower ranked than me. That is grossly unfair.
[Avatar]
gracier

[Avatar]
gracier

Hi Talone,

Looks like we are going to agree to disagree on the reset option…

My principle arguments to support a separate ladder for team/solo, and further for a blanket reset of all players above 2000 are as follows:

1. A player can boost his solo rating by having a very good team, although one of his team has a low score deliberately on their account i.e. below 1500, therefore generating unfair rise through the ladder, and not a true reflection of their level against peers

2. Having a Team ladder (separate ranking points for team games) would generate lots more team matches, I acknowledge that point raised in pt 1.) could still skew the ladder

3. As we all know if the blanket resets are not implemented the solo remains a farce, as it has historic misdemeanours in many of the players scores; and I am proud to say I am not one of the scoundrels

I accept these views will not be shared by all, so would be interested to understand the counter arguments with evidence to support why we should not request this approach moving forwards.

I would be interested to hear the developers’ thoughts, and ideas about what they are evaluating in terms of rule changes too.

RE random matches… I made a seperate note of how matchups could be made, therefore not unfairly penalising opponents, whilst incentivising players to play more…

Cheers

Gracier
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

lion1 wrote: Well, I just set up a bunch of random games (using the updated version of Uniwar) and got assigned opponents that are much lower ranked than me. That is grossly unfair.

Yes, its unfair. So random mehcanic should be reformed

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Gracier, hi!
What is unfair? Dishonestly - is when players are not in equal conditions. For example, when one uses the cheat with the modification indices of attack.

Team games - it is absolutely fair game. And it's not such an easy way to get ratings. After all, to get the rating to at least win a game!

Yes, you can take to team a good player with a low rating, but it can make everyone. Please take your own players with any rating and try to win against a team TALONE in map BG!

So, what is available to everyone, is not dishonest.

You think you are alone so smart, if you will use a team of players with low ratings? None. Do most teams. When I play in a team with my friend cafe (rainbow), then our opponents also have in their composition of players with low ratings.

Therefore, the main thing that everyone had equal opportunities. Then the system will come into balance.

If we use two separate rankings, I assure you, we get twice as much as possible fraudulent schemes.

[WWW]
Forum Index » General Discussion