[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How to redress random games
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Rainbow

[Avatar]
Rainbow

Hello!
One of the biggest pain of random games is big rank difference between opponent. This difference becomes bigger if your rank is higher.

It is obviously, because the more rank you have, the less quantity of people who are around your rank. So less people plays random and harder to find decent opponent for battle.

One way is to force everybody, who higher 2000(for example) play random games several times a week.

This way is suggested by people who play uniwar much time a day and frequently play random games. But let’s imagine if you can’t play uniwar for some time (There a lot of reasons: sport hikes or travels to some places without Wi-Fi, very big being busy, broken phone, etc). And you are logging in after some play break and seeing that your rank became less on some hundreds pts… I bet you won’t be happy of it!
Or you don’t like random plays without any definite cause but have one invite to random game after another... Somebody can be so angry that will break his phone with uniwar within I’m joking, but there will be few funs for such people.

Devs tried to force play random recently. It wasn’t good for many people. I think we shouldn’t force anybody to anything.
It is very difficult problem about how to balance point risks for high ranked players.

Other way to redress it is some fixed price for win in random matches. For example, if you are high ranked, then you’ll get not less than 15 pts for win in random match and lose not more than 20 pts.
This numbers can be depended from player’s ranks, but not like it is depending now: if 2700 plays with 2400 then 2700 can lose 50 (or more?) pts and get 10(or less?) pts. It is ridiculous! They both can have almost the same skills of playing some random maps.

I think it should be implemented only if player with higher rank have more than 2300 pts.

So if player with rate higher than 2300, has opponent in random game with:
rate difference 50-150pts (eg 1player 2400pts and 2player2250pts) then they both will lose/get 15 pts
rate difference 151-250pts (eg 1player 2600pts and 2player2350pts) highest player will get 15pts, but lose 20 pts.
rate difference 251-350pts (eg 1player 2600pts and 2player2250pts) highest player will get 15pts, but lose 23 pts
rate difference more than 351pts (eg 1player 2800pts and 2player2250pts) highest player will get 15pts, but lose 25 pts
Here is principal schema; numbers of prices could be discussed

Let’s think together about this problem, not wait for devs!
[Avatar]
Rainbow

[Avatar]
Rainbow

Very interesting to hear high rated player's opinions too.
Prestige

Prestige

I agree with you Rainbow, I think that is a very fair way to look at the game.

Most of the players (except some cheaters who made it up and never play rated solo) above say, rank 2100, are all evenly matched.

Therefore it is highly unfair that I would get players of rank 2100 or even less, and me as a rank of 2500. Particulary I hate it when the players have the winning race on an unfair map! Such as me titan versus them sapien on rocky!!

I liked the Uniwar we had before when people could at least set up their custom games, and if they decided to take a lower ranking person into the game, they would take the risk of allowing them to play or not....
Forum Index » General Discussion