[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Invitation time limit?
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
vt_mruhlin

vt_mruhlin

I've gotten burned by this once before and consider it on the border between cheating and a bug/bad feature, but not sure which forum to post it in.
I generally prefer games with a 24 hour turn limit so I can play at my leisure.
The other day, a player invited me to a game with a low time limit... 3 minutes or something. I didn't pay attention to the time limit field and accepted the game. Now I have to wait for other player to make the first move.
I didn't check back in until a few hours later, so I have no idea if he made his first move during the 3 minute timespan or not... but by the time I got there, he had already kicked me for elapsing the 3 minute time limit several times over. Does down as a loss on my record and points go away.

I consider it a sort-of scummy action on the other guys part, even if he was looking for a quick game and I failed to provide it. Best course of action would have been to offer peace and wait some reasonable amount of time for me to accept the peace offer.
But, bottom line is it was my fault for not looking at the time limit before accepting.

So, I just got invited to a similar 3 minute limit game half an hour ago and didn't want to play. So, how do I reject the offer? When I click on it, there's only an "accept" button? Does the invite just disappear after some long period of time?

To me it seems like an invite should only be valid for the same duration as the turn limit. This guy wanted to play a 3-minute game half an hour ago, but he might not still be available anymore.
After I accept the game, does he have only 3 minutes before he makes his first move? I'm not going to accept the game and see. Easy way to be a jackass if you can invite somebody to a 3 minute game and then wait 8 hours before "starting" the game.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

i have had the same problem... and requested a possibility to reject invites.

The solution before this get "fixed" is to accept, and imidiately abandon game - then he will not have time to start the game and you dont loose any points...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
vt_mruhlin

vt_mruhlin

ah, thanks for that!
shaithis

shaithis

This is a known scam, operated by the Nigerians. Invite a player to a 3 minute game, or host a 3 minute game, then wait until it's the middle of the night in their time zone (can see flag) and collect free points.

Fortunately, the majority of Uniwarriors have wizened up to this, and even the silly newbs surely can realize that if a player has 10x 3 minute games hosted, he is probably not up to any good.
Forum Index » Guides & Tips