[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Garudas
Forum Index » Khraleans
Should 2 garudas kill a heli?
Yep 65% [ 20 ]
Nope 35% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 31
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Do you guys think 2 garudas should be able to kill a heli?
Currently 2 garudas with +1 gangup can kill a 10 health heli around 10% of the time.
The other 90% typically leaves the heli with 1 health, 2 if you're really unlucky.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

I really want to say yes, but this is probably because I have been playing khrals a lot lately. I probably have to play more games on both sides to have an 'educated' opinion, but my 'uneducated' opinion is this: it sounds like a good idea, but I feel that if it happens sapiens will need some stronger air def, even if its just giving tanks 1 or 2 air attack.
As for how it should be implemented (raise garuda air attack or lower heli def) I think that the garuda air attack should be raised, probably by one. This would have the added bonus of (possibly) helping to fix the problems with swarmerfest khral games by making it more profitable to add some garudas to the mix.
[Avatar]
TheOwner

[Avatar]
TheOwner

Personally, I think its balanced. If you can get a +2 or +3 gang up they are most likely to die, and 1 Helicopter + 2 Marines = 2 Garudas. In price and in actual usefulness. That fight really just depends on who gets the initial attack and the terrain. The garuda air attack used to be higher, but was lowered because of balance issues.

I was gonna say 'You been owned' but that makes me sound cocky... so um... ya...
igniz13

igniz13

Id say yes but helis and other terran units should be better anti air.
lion1

lion1

Yes, absolutely 2 garudas should kill a heli.

Helis strike and fall back to hide.
If they get chased by 2 garudas, those Garudas cannot fall back and are often stuck in enemy territory where they get easily killed by marines and other helis. So its usually not a good trade-off anyway (2 garudas for 1 heli).

If the heli actually survives, its easily a death blow to the Khral player.

[Avatar]
gracier

[Avatar]
gracier

Currently I vote no, unles you raise cost of Garuda
shaithis

shaithis

I voted "yes," but would like to qualify that; 2 garudas should be able to kill a heli with superior positioning (+2/+3 gangup) 100% of the time (at that point, if it survives, it's gg for you). +1 is not superior positioning. For the sap, if you let your heli be surrounded, it means that you got too greedy chasing my beetles and deserve to be shown that you are not immortal. For the khral, if you must attack with +1 bonus, you should have a swarmer handy to finish the job.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

shaithis wrote: For the khral, if you must attack with +1 bonus, you should have a swarmer handy to finish the job.

But then you're spending 950 credits (2 garudas + 1 swarmer) to kill a 500 credit unit.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
shaithis

shaithis

nfong wrote:
  shaithis wrote: For the khral, if you must attack with +1 bonus, you should have a swarmer handy to finish the job.

But then you're spending 950 credits (2 garudas + 1 swarmer) to kill a 500 credit unit.

So? You are left with all 3, albeit one garuda is weakened (have to leave him in a good spot).

There's nothing wrong with copters being so tanky, as the other sapien units are not as sturdy as enemy counterparts (marine, marauder, tank).
youownme

youownme

I think two garudas should kill a heli with a +2 gangup bonus. I'm not sure if the price would have to be increased or not, a big change like that could spell certain doom for khraleans on certain maps.

-_-
shaithis

shaithis

youownme wrote: I think two garudas should kill a heli with a +2 gangup bonus. I'm not sure if the price would have to be increased or not, a big change like that could spell certain doom for khraleans on certain maps.

Neg on the price increase. Garudas are just not a very worthwhile offensive unit right now, the only reason to use them is that they can regenerate 6 health with one infestor. My opinion is that they could use +1 vs air and +1 vs heavy, or perhaps something else entirely like an extra square of movement (to make them more maneuverable than helis and thus easier to get gangups). Helis really do need to lose a point of defense.

I wish ants had at least 1 aerial attack. Dealing with helis is still far too difficult for khrals, you literally have to rely on amazing resurfaced underling walls or you have no chance, whereas they can just advance behind forested marines which destroy everything that kills copters.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 28, 2011 13:19

youownme

youownme

I think garuda heavy attack and heli defense should remain as they are. And extra movement? Definitely not.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 28, 2011 15:17

-_-
aznprydaa

aznprydaa

shaithis wrote:
  youownme wrote: I think two garudas should kill a heli with a +2 gangup bonus. I'm not sure if the price would have to be increased or not, a big change like that could spell certain doom for khraleans on certain maps.

Neg on the price increase. Garudas are just not a very worthwhile offensive unit right now, the only reason to use them is that they can regenerate 6 health with one infestor. My opinion is that they could use +1 vs air and +1 vs heavy, or perhaps something else entirely like an extra square of movement (to make them more maneuverable than helis and thus easier to get gangups). Helis really do need to lose a point of defense.

I wish ants had at least 1 aerial attack. Dealing with helis is still far too difficult for khrals, you literally have to rely on amazing resurfaced underling walls or you have no chance, whereas they can just advance behind forested marines which destroy everything that kills copters.

Garudas would be so OP it wouldn't even be funny... move further than helis, have more aerial damage than helis, regenerate double of helis, and cost 150 less than helis... lol
savior59

savior59

Absolutely Not, Two Pinzors dont kill a Plasma Tank (900v500). Two helicopters kill one helicopter only 50% of the time (depending on the gangup bonus and all) and that's a 1000v500cc fight!. If two helo's don't always wipe out one helicopter, why should two Garudas kill one?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25, 2012 17:41

butz

butz

Yes. However, I feel that they should increase ariel attack for marines by 1 like before.
Forum Index » Khraleans