[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Players with no honor
Forum Index » General Discussion
blight111

blight111

The Random game system is very flawed since it sometimes creates very unfair match-ups.

The top players have an honor code. If you get assigned an unfair match-up, just say so right away and ask for peace.
An honorable opponent will accept.
Insisting on playing an unfair match-up is cowardly, pathetic, and dis-honorable.
It also ruins the game because it forces the top players to stop playing random matches.

First let me mention both Talone and Lion1 who are both very honorable and will always grant peace in such a situation.
They are true champions that earned their rank. They don't need to play unfair games just to get points.

Now for some players who lack honor and insist on playing unfair matches:
1) JB--
2) forefall
3) More to come...

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 25, 2011 09:19

boourns

boourns

This game has very few truly even matchups. Some are more severe than others obviously, but where do you draw the line?

It is an inherent flaw in this game that must be overlooked in order to have fun (in my opinion). To ask for draws in random is not practical since most matchups would end in draws. True random players should just accept when they get a bad matchup and play it out, knowing that next time around they may be the one with the advantage. Either that or stick to non-random - although I can't see how someone could call themselves a top player if they avoid random.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25, 2011 09:37

ignotus

ignotus

Feel free to add me to this list because I perceive randomized unbalance as part of this game and never accept peace if someone insist on this due to "unfair" map.

If you are looking for fully balanced game (no random in attack / defence and no random matching map / race) try chess.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25, 2011 12:30

blight111

blight111

boourns wrote: This game has very few truly even matchups. Some are more severe than others obviously, but where do you draw the line?

It is an inherent flaw in this game that must be overlooked in order to have fun (in my opinion). To ask for draws in random is not practical since most matchups would end in draws. True random players should just accept when they get a bad matchup and play it out, knowing that next time around they may be the one with the advantage. Either that or stick to non-random - although I can't see how someone could call themselves a top player if they avoid random.

What is your rating? I could not find you on the ladder. Not surprising that a low rated player wants to play unfair matches against high rated players.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25, 2011 15:46

blight111

blight111

ignotus wrote: Feel free to add me to this list because I perceive randomized unbalance as part of this game and never accept peace if someone insist on this due to "unfair" map.

If you are looking for fully balanced game (no random in attack / defence and no random matching map / race) try chess.

I play lots of random games and have never been assigned to you, so I guess you don't actually play many at all. So your comment is just hypothetical BS then?
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

blight111 wrote:
What is your rating? I could not find you on the ladder. Not surprising that a low rated player wants to play unfair matches against high rated players.

blight111 wrote:
I play lots of random games and have never been assigned to you, so I guess you don't actually play many at all. So your comment is just hypothetical BS then?

Can't believe people like you care so much about rating...
This is a mobile game. A game that has less than a thousand active players.
L2P and stop QQ'ing about losing points.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25, 2011 15:59

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
ignotus

ignotus

blight111 wrote:

Wrong guess, try again... or cry me a river baby.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 26, 2011 09:14

blight111

blight111

Sorry for getting angry, its obviously just a game and not that important.
The problem is that I am being forced to stop playing.

Above the 2600 rank, its impossible to get any regular (non random) game going. None are offered.
So I have to play random. Not only am I getting assigned 2400 (and sometimes lower) rated players, but a lot of times its into impossible - no win situations.

One player shamelessly wrote me that he views this like he won the lottery - getting assigned an easy win against a much higher rated player.

My only recourse is to try and shame some of these guys into acting honorably and not insisting on playing grossly unfair match-ups. And then I get these 2 morons above with their idiotic comments - it was just too much. A low ranked player and a player who does not actually play both think its fantastic to play unfair match-ups against high ranked players - give me a break.

Anyways, I am done playing random games and probably done with Uniwar. Just cannot get a fair game going and keep getting stuck in grossly unfair matches against low rated players with no honor or skill.

For the record, you guys are not even in my league in terms of skill. The only great players I have seen so far are: Talone, Lion1, and thewall. Those 3 would never dream of playing an unfair match-up. They have some honor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 26, 2011 20:32

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

blight111 wrote: Sorry for getting angry, its obviously just a game and not that important.
For the record, you morons are not even in my league in terms of skill.

You still seem angry. Need a chill pill?

blight111 wrote:My only recourse is to try and shame some of these guys into acting honorably and not insisting on playing grossly unfair match-ups. And then I get these 2 morons above with their idiotic comments - it was just too much.

Hey, I guess you like to use the word "moron" a lot. Also, the fact is, you seem quite dishonorable being unable to take a few losses every now and then. Grow up and learn to play with real honor and actually PLAY the game. I know, it sounds ridiculous to stop asking for peace every other game. But believe me, it's been done before.
I'm curious to know if all of your 110 wins were in fair matchups. Or were you "dishonorable" and took a few free wins every now and then?

Also, can you please name a few "fair" matchups that are not mirror matches? I can only think of one or two in my head, maybe you can enlighten me.

blight111 wrote: Anyways, I am done playing random games and probably done with Uniwar. Just cannot get a fair game going and keep getting stuck in grossly unfair matches against low rated players with no honor or skill.

Bye

Also, listen to ignotus and try out chess.
You can go cry on their forums about dishonorable players that won't accept a draw from you just because you lost your queen.

blight111

blight111

nfong wrote:
  blight111 wrote: Sorry for getting angry, its obviously just a game and not that important.
For the record, you morons are not even in my league in terms of skill.

You still seem angry. Need a chill pill?

blight111 wrote:My only recourse is to try and shame some of these guys into acting honorably and not insisting on playing grossly unfair match-ups. And then I get these 2 morons above with their idiotic comments - it was just too much.

Hey, I guess you like to use the word "moron" a lot. Also, the fact is, you seem quite dishonorable being unable to take a few losses every now and then. Grow up and learn to play with real honor and actually PLAY the game. I know, it sounds ridiculous to stop asking for peace every other game. But believe me, it's been done before.
I'm curious to know if all of your 110 wins were in fair matchups. Or were you "dishonorable" and took a few free wins every now and then?

Also, can you please name a few "fair" matchups that are not mirror matches? I can only think of one or two in my head, maybe you can enlighten me.

blight111 wrote: Anyways, I am done playing random games and probably done with Uniwar. Just cannot get a fair game going and keep getting stuck in grossly unfair matches against low rated players with no honor or skill.

Bye

Also, listen to ignotus and try out chess.
You can go cry on their forums about dishonorable players that won't accept a draw from you just because you lost your queen.

I want to reply, but there is just zero substance in everything you wrote. Just non-sense. Comparing an unfair matchup in this game to a player losing a queen in chess and asking for peace is just idiotic - do I really need to explain to you that chess is 99.9% fair? I wont respond to the rest of your nonsense. I ask for peace in extreme cases and you turn that into asking for peace in every other game.... and yes, every single one of my wins was fair.

Also, I don't think I ever got you in a random match (despite having played 100 or so random matches) so I guess you are also great at talking, but don't actually play random matches much at all - more hypothetical BS. Since you don't mind taking a few losses, lets play 10 games of ForestWalk. I'll be saps, you be khrals. Just send me 10 invites. Its not a fair match, but chess is also not fair according to you....

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 26, 2011 20:29

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

blight111 wrote:
I want to reply, but there is just zero substance in everything you wrote. Just non-sense. Comparing an unfair matchup in this game to a player losing a queen in chess and asking for peace is just idiotic - do I really need to explain to you that chess is 99.9% fair? I wont respond to the rest of your nonsense. I ask for peace in extreme cases and you turn that into asking for peace in every other game.... and yes, every single one of my wins was fair.

Also, I don't think I ever got you in a random match (despite having played 100 or so random matches) so I guess you are also great at talking, but don't actually play random matches much at all - more hypothetical BS. Since you don't mind taking a few losses, lets play 10 games of ForestWalk. I'll be saps, you be khrals. Just send me 10 invites. Its not a fair match, but chess is also not fair according to you...

Sure, I'll accept those 10 games if you accept 10 games on dead monk, titans vs saps. I'll be titans.
I don't mind taking 10 losses in exchange for 10 wins. Of course, I know you mind, so I won't be surprised at all if you turn my offer down.

I'm not saying chess isn't fair; you do not get my point at all.

Also I would like to add if you want to accuse a player of this so-called "dishonor" of rejecting peace, then you might at least provide some proof.
And I find it barely believable that all your wins were "fair". It's highly doubtful that out of those 100+ wins, there were no unfair matchups. I admit that out of my wins, many of them were not fair. It's obvious. No player in this whole game has played mirror matches their whole career.

blight111 wrote: I ask for peace in extreme cases and you turn that into asking for peace in every other game....

Can you give me an example of this so called "extreme case"? Please elaborate.

blight111 wrote:Also, I don't think I ever got you in a random match (despite having played 100 or so random matches) so I guess you are also great at talking, but don't actually play random matches much at all - more hypothetical BS.

I'll admit that I do not play random games that often due to school, so I turn my random game button off. However, I do play them every few weeks, and when I get randomized into matchups like tvk on jungle, I take my loss. It's part of the game.

Prestige

Prestige

Hahaha Talone and Lion1 honorable? Because they only play games which they win?
This is a game - random games that are assigned are RANDOM. If you cannot live with that, don't play RANDOM GAMES. If you truly had skill, you would be able to make the most out of any situation.
I saw/played games where it was unfair for me/opponent and still came out victorious/loser. For example I would be saps vs titans on scramble, and I would lose as sapiens.. because my opponent surprised me with his well-thought out moves and beat me.
Or even Sapiens vs. titans on deadmonk. I have both beaten titans as saps, and lost as saps vs titans. It is possible. Please stop crying.

On the contrary, I believe Forefall and JB are honorable. They play all games, whether it is in their favor or not, they don't CRY because they might lose because they suck as that race vs. that.
Again, if you are truly good, you can make the best out of any circumstance. I saw khrals beat sapiens on forestwalk many times, and for those of you that have been playing for a long time, answer this:

For how long were sapiens the masters of jungle?
You would say forever, but actually until maybe half a year ago, it turned out that the true masters are khrals. No one can beat khraleans on jungle, and for a long time people thought that playing "khral on jungle was unfair".
Which is why you see Talone only playing against sapiens on jungle. He knows he will lose against khral, he can't take a chance.

gg

Prestige

Prestige

It's all about the skill of the player.
Until that one point, some great Khralean player showed the sapien who's boss, and it turned the whole game upside down. Whoever plays better, wins.
Sphink

Sphink

This is exactly like the people who think skipping is dishonorable.

If you play RANDOM you should accept that the matchups are RANDOM! sometimes you get good matchups, sometimes you get bad matchups. If you want games that you KNOW will be balanced, play custom rated games... Random games are for people who want truly random games and accept whatever they get.

How many ppl on average accept your draw? I guarantee it's probably less then 50%... and if that's the case, then why would you ask for pitty from your opponet when you know that if they got a bad matchup and asked for a draw, it will be declined over 50% of the time...

As much as you care about losing points, there are 5 ppl that don't care how they get your points. You can call them dishonorable, but they really don't care.

What I see as dishonorable is to "shame" (your words) a MINORITY of uniwarriors into accepting your draws, when they have the same odds of having their peace offers declined.

You have your opinion, this is mine. I'm not trying to change your mind, just telling you how it feels from the other side of the offer...

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

The core conflict continues to be between players interested in being *the best at the game they can be* (for its own sake) vs. players who want *the most visibility (points) for being good in the game they can get*. Both are reasonable, really, but completely different things. I'm in the former camp and so don't mind losing a bad random matchup (well I dislike it in practice of course but don't mind it in principle) - in theory, I might get assigned such a slot in tournament play, so I better be able to make the most of the position I can (and you can imagine tie-breakers in tournaments being decided by 'who lasts the longest' if the win-loss ratios are otherwise equal.) And of course, getting the most upsets you can is part of improving your score over time.

Another way to describe the problem, is that it's possible the point system just needs tweaking. Payouts should be adjusted based on matchups that appear heavily skewed – and the service should know the stats on how a particular matchup tends to go. This mitigates the "won the lottery" factor... if I draw Titans vs. Khral on Jungle, my point loss should be reduced even if I'm playing someone 200 points less than I, because it's that unbalanced.

Random side comment on the above: though it's a popular belief, I'm not convinced Sapiens beat Titans on Scramble. I theorize that the usual Titan advantage holds up, even with the proximity/engineer factor. The problem is the opportunity cost of the engineer vs. ROI. That said, I've only played two 2400+ ranked matches to test that (winning as Titans both times).
Forum Index » General Discussion