[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Drains batteries on android
Forum Index » Bug Reports
axl79

axl79

im posting this as a bug since it does not seem to affect ihone or iPad.

Uniwar drains a ridicoulus amount of battery on Android. I have an HTC desire and the battery time is shortened to a couple of hours if I play a lot of Uniwar.
Moreover, whenever Uniwar is active the phone will get really hot as if the CPU worked full speed all the time.

Setting refresh to never does not help.

My guess is that there is a loop somewhere in the engine which keeps the CPU on 100% at all times.
markus_b

markus_b

axl79 wrote:Uniwar drains a ridicoulus amount of battery on Android.

I want to confirm this. I'm playing on a SGS2 and UniWar drains the battery, even if the phone is plugged in. After a couple of hours of playing the phone switches off due to the battery being empty.

It looks like UniWar on Android is consuming an ungodly amount of CPU.
anal

anal

I second that. I can't play Uniwar while in the train to get out for a day out or I will remain out of battery and without phone way before getting back home!

Hoping in the 1.5.0
tomulka1

tomulka1

I can confirm same behaviour on SGS2. Phone is getting hot in few minutes and game drains battery too much. I hope this issue will be fixed in the next version.
markus_b

markus_b

Here the battery consumption screen shot when playing uniwar for 2 hours on my SGS2. After 1.5 hours I got a low battery warning and plugged it in. It is clearly visible that the battery level declined further, even if plugged in.

My SGS2 has a 1650mAh battery, the battery drains in a bit more than 1h30. So the phone draws about 1A during that time. 1A at around 4V give 4W of power, no wonder the phone gets very warm. The charger supplies 700mA, so it is clear that playing uniwar can not be sustained as 300mA have to come from the battery, even if plugged in.

Also the graph implies that lots of power goes to the display. This is not true, as I can do other display intensive things, like watch movies with dramatically lower power usage.

AlterSchwede

AlterSchwede

I can confirm this. I have the same issue on my SGS II as well as on my HTC Desire. The battery drain is immense. it´s about 1 - 2% / minute.

This is a real showstopper

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08, 2011 23:49

[Avatar]
soupnet

[Avatar]
soupnet

I just bought the Android version for SG2S. I can't believe how hot this game made my phone. The battery went from half charge to dead in my half hour train ride. I can normally go two days without charging my phone.

This is a major defect. I won't be able to play again until its fixed. Don't get me wrong, I love Uniwar, but I would advise everyone to stay away from the Android version unless you want to cause permanent damage to your phone and battery. It's a very lazy port from the iPhone.
AlterSchwede

AlterSchwede

I think the problem is that the app permanently polls information if its your turn in an other game (the turn indicator for next game changes immedeatly while playing) even if you have the game refresh setting set to never. This has to be fixed because the benefit is not worth the harm this feature causes. Its a turn based game, no action no nothing. The game should just do nothing in the background while im planning my move. its absoulte insane that this kind of game eats suge a huge amount of battery. If I wanna know if its my turn in an other game... the current game lobby ist just two clicks away... I think we all can handle that

that said it is just a guess of mine, because i havent seen a piece of uniwar sourcecode.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

We will that in the upcoming release.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
AlterSchwede

AlterSchwede

xavi wrote: We will that in the upcoming release.

Nice
zolg

zolg

unfortunately I should confirm that this issue still present in Uniwar 1.5 HD
AlterSchwede

AlterSchwede

yes I can confirm, battery drain still much to high for this kind of game.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

I did not have the time to fix it yet. Will fix.this.week or next week in worse case. Thank you for theimportant feedback

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Azhrei

Azhrei

I just bought the game and while it's a bunch of fun, this issue really needs to be fixed. I'm glad to see that a fix is coming soon because as it is currently, it's hard to recommend Uniwar to my friends as we all need our phones to at least not drop in power while connected.
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

Azhrei wrote: I just bought the game and while it's a bunch of fun, this issue really needs to be fixed. I'm glad to see that a fix is coming soon because as it is currently, it's hard to recommend Uniwar to my friends as we all need our phones to at least not drop in power while connected.

recommend it! its best strategy game for android
Forum Index » Bug Reports