[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Sapians Weak?
Forum Index » Sapiens
dalberon

dalberon

I cannot seem to win with this race, nor have I lost against it. I think the helicopter should get a range of 1-2 and the battery should get to attack after move.

So...if someone loves Sapians could you expound on their virtues?

Thanks!
(squeeze)

(squeeze)

dalberon wrote: I cannot seem to win with this race, nor have I lost against it. I think the helicopter should get a range of 1-2 and the battery should get to attack after move.

So...if someone loves Sapians could you expound on their virtues?

Thanks!

Really? I don't think weak is how I would describe them. In the top 50 ranked players half of them are Sap players.
I actually believe that the races are rather well balanced, all having their own strengths. It's up to the player to bring the best out of the races. Here are a few things to consider:

Marines have more mobility than Mechas. Underlings are not a threat to air.
Marauders have the best mobility and have two moves per turn.
Helis can move after attack. Titans don't have an air unit.
Batteries do lots of damage and are 200 credits less than walkers. Outranges anything that Krahls have.
Sapiens have the toughest and strongest boat.

There are much more factors that go into it but those are just a few things that make Sapiens not so weak. I will agree that helis should have a range 1-2 attack, but coming from a Sap player that means close to nothing : )
Honestly though, I think helis and batteries are fine how they are.

Anyways, hope this helps restore some strength back into Sapiens for you.
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

I agree, I have always felt that the sapien's artillery unit was weak, but I also don't like artillery as a whole (I feel it slows the game down too much, as it is 80% a defensive unit). However, the artillery isn't the only unit in the game, and the heli more than makes up for it.
Another thing to mention is that they have (by far) the best ship, however it is hard to figure this into the overall balance as many maps don't have docks at all, and in those that do, ships can play more or less of a role depending on how much of the map is water and how it is shaped.

The bottom line is that each race has maps which they are better at, so the races will never be balanced unless there is only one (which wouldn't make for a very fun game)
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Heli range 1-2 attack... hmm, that could be a good balance move. Makes sense given they are firing from the air. But for it to work, they would still have to have their move-after-attack special ability, because that's core to Sapiens offense. A side effect would be that enemy forces would fear them more and therefore concentrate their fire on the helis even more strenuously, and as a result helis would be weakened, so to make up for that I think you'd have to bring Heli repair rate back up to 2 as well and maybe boost defense up to 11. That's probably good. It's possible helis still need an additional special ability, but have to think about that. Also probably drop the price to 400, it is only a flying unit after all. I'm not sure how Khral players would see it but sounds like a pretty reasonable set of buffs to me.
igniz13

igniz13

No, it sounds completely ridiculous to me, reduce them to 450, maybe. Boost their defence a little, okay. Give them mobility and 1-2 range attacks? Only if you reduce their attack strength significantly.
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

waxoid wrote: Heli range 1-2 attack... hmm, that could be a good balance move. Makes sense given they are firing from the air. But for it to work, they would still have to have their move-after-attack special ability, because that's core to Sapiens offense. A side effect would be that enemy forces would fear them more and therefore concentrate their fire on the helis even more strenuously, and as a result helis would be weakened, so to make up for that I think you'd have to bring Heli repair rate back up to 2 as well and maybe boost defense up to 11. That's probably good. It's possible helis still need an additional special ability, but have to think about that. Also probably drop the price to 400, it is only a flying unit after all. I'm not sure how Khral players would see it but sounds like a pretty reasonable set of buffs to me.

If you aren't being sarcastic, I don't know what is wrong with you.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Yeah sorry, I was funnin'.
[Avatar]
Wrath Of Sid

[Avatar]
Wrath Of Sid

Even after getting nerfed the heli is overpowered. Especially on the map 'Thermopolaye' where they hang out over the water then nostril rape my Walkers as I try to move them up.

Sanity is for the weak!!!
Forum Index » Sapiens