[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar HD Tourney
Forum Index » Tournaments
fobos_rus

fobos_rus

for Championship October

Hello admins.

I wanted to ask you - how long tournaments will be that wins it is not the strongest, and most cunning?
Look my replays in fight with Elroyomj on Championship October.
He won fair and square? He just passing the time in these battles with me.

He captured more one base in start one of the game, because map is unfair and titans don't prevents a capture base. Next, he began to stall for time and did the move again in 12 hours.
I beat him in both fights, but in the end I counted a defeat

Today in page tournament writes: "Rounds end, when all games finished". Why rounds end, when our games is unfinished?

Look to screenshots. Who is win and worthy to pass on?
If you think he won honestly in this round, I won't participate in this farce ;(

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10, 2015 10:05

fobos_rus

fobos_rus

[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

Hi fobos_rus.

This is very bad result. You are true winner. Rules must be changed, but it's also written: " Each round of the tournament has a maximum of 10 days. "
http://www.uniwar.com/tournament.page?tournament=championshipoctober

My solution is to start playing equally both rounds. When player 1 ends his round his move is hidden until player 2 will make his move. After both players made move in the same turn the game ends both turns and all moves are revealed.
Benefits:
1) faster games - players will not wait until opponent move because all players would like to now their opponent strategy for map. Now it's better to move after your opponent show his move and each turn is moving very slow.
2) equall round count for both games so such situation will never happen again.

Xavi is it possible to implement delay of ending turn until in both games players will end turns? Turn end would be saved on server and player couldn't change their moves after ending turn.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10, 2015 10:36

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

[Avatar]
earth

[Avatar]
earth

To me it looks like Elroy planned his win over last 5 days... whilst cunning I agree, he outsmarted you it would seem, and therefore deserves the win as he clearly built up to this outcome with the end of battle time insight.

In sport if a players goes ahead in a game, then it makes sense to hold on to your lead until final whistle blows, or game limits concludes; this is what Elroy has done, and whilst very frustrating I have been outsmarted too previously, and I graciously acknowledge that.

For Semi Finals and Final it makes sense to play games to conclusion; however if majority of games concluded in round then unfair to Elroy too one could argue if time limit is extended; I watched replay and can see he sacrificed lots of troops to hold on.

I would recommend also in future that rounds at outset are extended to an additional day or two... rather than changing half way through a battle (which is not very professional). Also auto skip function for tourney games might be an idea too , therefore avoiding complaints.

Reality is you lost with the rules, learn from it and move on would be my advice.

I am sure Tourney owners will take on board your feedback, although needs to be countered with other views too.

Cheers

Earth

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Hello Fobos. To bad you lost in this way.

But it was played within the current rules and time-limits listed on the tourney website.

With hundreds of players it is needed to have time-limits in the tourneys. Semifinals and finals will be possible to prolong on request. We will clarify this in the upcoming tourneys (web pages).

We are open to discuss most of the rules and mechanics of the tourneys, but some things will not be practical to implement for the official tourneys - for example there have to be limits and there will be automatic deciding when players don't finish. That said, we can ofc discuss standard duration of rounds and what will be the rules on automatic deciding winners. If you have comments on improving the tourney system please use the dedicated forumpost about the tourneys..
http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/1953.page

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
fobos_rus

fobos_rus

Sims, I wrote comments on improving the tourney system a ONE YEAR AGO!
Something has changed in the organization of the tournaments?

You continue to use unfair map on tournament. How a can prevent capture a central base, when I play the titans? Could't.
Further the opponent is just stalling for time and wins because of your rules.

Uniwar - probably, best mobile turn based strategy game, as written on your website? This don't mistake?

In tournament wins a really strongest strateg? Or most cunning player, who stalling time and wins because of this?
fobos_rus

fobos_rus

legia wrote:Hi fobos_rus.

This is very bad result. You are true winner...

Hi, Legia.
Thanks for a commiseration. I thought I was crazy, and opponent honestly wins, and I bad players and deservedly lost.

It turned out we don't play in the strategy, there is no need to win games. You need to be cunning and to waste time. Or as called in chat: "time managment" strategy
Ok, if admins believe that is as it should be and nothing changes rules for many years - it's their decision. But I no longer participate in this farce, called strategy.

Please, delete my account in this game.
sdrawde

sdrawde

Hi fobos,

Sorry you lost in this way, it hurts. I see 2 mistakes though:

You allowed the games to become unsynchronised, and you did not request a round extension until too late (I think I only saw it very late last night - apologies if this incorrect). You know both of these factors of game management very well but just made a mistake in this game, most of us have messed up in a similar way. It's a mirror match so map unfair not really a factor here ? Match management is where the issue lies.

Let's not demonise elroy here either, you are both experienced players playing to the rules. He gambled in the last chance saloon and got lucky, maybe you underestimated his strategy as you surely saw it coming.

Don't make a 3rd mistake. Here is game where the world champion is on the brink of victory when his time runs out. It's daylight robbery but he smiles and laughs (ok so it was not a serious game).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-uWmw4YMA

Let's also not hit out at uniwars hardworking xavi and sims, please don't tell me you've not enjoyed playing uniwar over the last few years.
fobos_rus

fobos_rus

sdrawde wrote:Hi fobos

Hi Sdrawde!

earth wrote:To me it looks like Elroy planned his win over last 5 days

sdrawde wrote:Let's not demonise elroy here either, you are both experienced players playing to the rules. He gambled in the last chance saloon and got lucky, maybe you underestimated his strategy as you surely saw it coming.

Hey guys, heared to yourself.
We are discussing not how to win this game, and how to be cunningly and play and lose more slowly than the opponent wins!
Tournaments are not who plays better Uniwar, and who is more cunning...

sdrawde wrote:Let's not demonise elroy...

He skipped me at the first opportunity in another tournament

sdrawde wrote:Don't make a 3rd mistake. Here is game where the world champion is on the brink of victory when his time runs out. It's daylight robbery but he smiles and laughs (ok so it was not a serious game).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-uWmw4YMA

Are you serious? You're comparing the game of football in the yard with my son or neighbor and play in the World Cup (as an example)?
You think, Magnus was happy and smiling, if his time runs out on Final Championship?

sdrawde wrote:Let's also not hit out at uniwars hardworking xavi and sims, please don't tell me you've not enjoyed playing uniwar over the last few years.

He creates a good turn-based strategy, but he fogot, that wins in strategy must a better player, but not cunning player, who think, how to lose more slowly and to waste time.
And he don't change this rules for a year. Apparently, they like everything.

If you like it - ok, it's your choise. But I'm interesting to win opponent in a fair fight, not a cunning.
That's why I'm leaving.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 11, 2015 00:54

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

its easy to complain fobos , but i fail to see where your effort is in helping making the tourney system better. This goes for you, talone and many of the players from your "camp".

I cant find any post made by you where you post things that brings the game forward. If im wrong- please let me know where it is ... because i could not find it when i searched.
You also complained about the map used in a mirror game... where is the feedback on the maps used? your good suggestions are not here: http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2029.page ......

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
sdrawde

sdrawde

Sorry you don't see the points I made fobos.

In short you entered the tourney knowing the rules, the clock is part of many games, I gave an example. Most of the uniwar community feels sorry for you but the toys out the pram attitude and hitting out at everyone in sight does you no favours. I doubt there is much sympathy left. You need to learn to lose more gracefully, and as your opponent played within the rules, congratulate him on his dastardly cunning victory.

elroyomj

elroyomj

Fobos-

Thank you for the thrilling match. You have nothing to be ashamed of and should keep your head up. Your skill level shows why many people consider you one of the best ten uniwarriors in the world!

Regarding the match, I think I exploited a hole in your game that you need to practice on. We can all improve and get better. It is for that reason I would ask you to reconsider leaving uniwar- I think you have a lot of potential and could become one of the all time greats.

However, I do have a friend that would like to join the December tourney so please decide quickly and possibly unregister so he can get in and play (0 seats available).

Thank you to all who appreciated my tactic, and recognized it for the red herring that it was.

Elroy

[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Tournaments are what they are. Some chess matches boil down to clock management. In my basketball league most games end up with one team stalling to run out the clock, at which point you're running around trying to foul and it has nothing to do with "real" basketball skill anymore but it's part of the clock-based setup. Seems same thing here.

Congrats Fobos on being so dominant in tournament play. Sorry this was a frustrating one. Much respect.
fobos_rus

fobos_rus

sdrawde wrote:
Sorry you lost in this way, it hurts. I see 2 mistakes though:

You allowed the games to become unsynchronised...

Even if the game were synchronised, I had only a 50% chance to win! No matter what I would do turns. The main thing - don't to lose my base. If the round was over for me - I'll won. If the opponent make last turn -
I'll lost. Heads or tails, 50% chance! Nothing strategy or tactics.
Forum Index » Tournaments