[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
time limit expires
Forum Index » Frequently Asked Questions
[Avatar]
C J WAY

[Avatar]
C J WAY

i still dont know if you dont skip a players turn can he still take his turn with clock showing 0000, because its says you may skip his turn but dont have to. i think its prickish to skip someones turn in a certain amount of time you extend him thanks for any input c j way
(squeeze)

(squeeze)

C J WAY wrote: i still dont know if you dont skip a players turn can he still take his turn with clock showing 0000, because its says you may skip his turn but dont have to. i think its prickish to skip someones turn in a certain amount of time you extend him thanks for any input c j way

If the player's turn has not been skipped they can still make their move, even if the counter is at 0000.
I personally don't find it "prickish" to skip someone's turn once they let the counter expire. When joining a game it displays how much time you have for each turn. If you're not certain you can make a move in the given time then join a game that has a longer duration. Each player is tied to this rule so it is completely fair.
Some players can get very offended when their turn is skipped. I don't see any logic in this as it is their own fault. Or maybe that is the logic, that they are upset with themselves and now have to redirect their anger towards their opponent.

I started out giving extended time to players as you recommend. That easily gets abused though and games can drag on and on, and on. You are basically bending the prearranged rules of the battle to favor your enemy, voluntarily. That is not a beneficial choice for you.
Uniwar is all about strategy and taking advantage of your opponents faults or weaknesses. The point of the game is kill enemy units and capture their bases. This becomes easier when your enemy chooses not to show up to the battle, granted not a satisfying...

Anyways, thats my input CJ WAY. I would be curious what others think too.
[Avatar]
C J WAY

[Avatar]
C J WAY

thx Squeeze 4 your input see you on the battle field GL
[Avatar]
sonepper

[Avatar]
sonepper

Game should automatically move onto the next player when time expires.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

yea, maybe... but even better - there can be a checkbox when creating game: automatic next players turn when time expires

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 14, 2012 08:47

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » Frequently Asked Questions