[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Another new change! (sap tank) :D
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Sap tank's ground heavy attack is increased from 9 to 10.
This helps balance out tvs a bit, as sap tanks fare slightly better against plasmas now (before it was usually 2 damage to plasma and 4 to sap tank, now it's 3 to plasma and 4 to sap tank)
TvS still isn't balanced yet, but I'm glad the devs are taking a step towards the right direction
I guess I'm personally hoping for a battery buff next, how 'bout you guys?

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

This is a very interesting change. I dare say it may even cause the Titan player to have to pump out one more Plasma before being ready for the big walker purchase on certain maps, because certain tank gang-ups will be able to cripple a Plasma now.

Basically, with this change, you will see a full health Plasma brought down to 4 health quite often with just two tank attacks and only a +1 gang up. Two tanks and a battery will occasionally take a Plasma out now. (almost always bring it down to 1)
I will try it out and see how it feels, but overall I think it's an okay change.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Ah. This helps balance the speeder buff some – less attractive to take tanks down with speeders.
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

I would like to preface this by saying that I am ridiculously happy to see that the devs are active. Even if they might not be reading the forum, they are still working on uniwar!
In addition, the changes they have been making have all been good, however, I hope they don't just keep buffing things; sometimes things need to be nerfed too. for example, I would have been just as happy (maybe even happier) if they have weakend plasma tanks a bit instead.
Also, I agree with nfong, the battery IMO is one of the weakest units in the game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23, 2011 10:16

[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Good point about needing to balance buffs with nerfs, though I don't think the plasma tank needs to be nerfed. (To help Khral-Titan balance, dropping swarmer g. heavy attack to 4 may be something to consider.)

So what to do with battery? Can mobility be upped to 9? The thing is on a truck, after all. This would help in late game positioning vs. walkers, and would generally allow Sapiens to mount more aggressive pushes. Seems reasonable in the face of the speeder buff, might be unbalancing on some maps.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

waxoid wrote: Good point about needing to balance buffs with nerfs, though I don't think the plasma tank needs to be nerfed. (To help Khral-Titan balance, dropping swarmer g. heavy attack to 4 may be something to consider.)

So what to do with battery? Can mobility be upped to 9? The thing is on a truck, after all. This would help in late game positioning vs. walkers, and would generally allow Sapiens to mount more aggressive pushes. Seems reasonable in the face of the speeder buff, might be unbalancing on some maps.

I like the swarmer and battery ideas. I think maybe 8 mobility would be good for the battery (one less than marine)

As for balancing KvT, there needs to be a nerf for the ants and wyrm (possibly).
Right now early wyrm aggression with ants and swarmers are just too much to handle for titans.
If anything, wyrms should cost 600 credits IMO. They're much more useful than a battery, as their attack after move makes them considerably more dangerous.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Forum Index » General Discussion