[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
302,583 registered players
Forum Index » General Discussion
Sphink

Sphink

This is another number that should be taken to the chopping block.

If I had to guess I would say about 10% of that number consistently play the game... That leaves what? 270,000 inactive accounts? And to me 32,000 Players sounds reasonable...

I personally probably have over 20 dummy accounts I've created over the years to start over with a new win/loss ratio and other things... So I know there are alot of dummy accounts created by other player, a while back ppl used to play games vs their own dummy accounts to gain points on their main account. To sabotage team games... All sorts of reasons.

So if the account hasn't logged on in the past 90 days, it should be deleted... Along with my rating reset every 90 days it shouldn't matter if your account get deleted as long as you can ge the same name (someone might take it and pretend to be you)...

But there is no need to have 300,000 accounts taking up server space.

What do you guys think?

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
Rainbow

[Avatar]
Rainbow

Yes, i generally agree with Sphink. I have current game with guy who wasn't online about 300 days. i don't skip him coze i want to see will be he deleted for his passivity at all, or not.
I think time limit for not using account shouldn't be so severe - we don't know the reason why smbdy stopped to play. I think it should be half of a year.
Time limit is necessary.
Sphink

Sphink

There are currently over 650,000 players!!! There is no way there are this many active players. All these extra accounts need to be deleted, there is no reason to waste server space on a bunch of inactive accounts.

These accounts are littering the ladder.

I'm sure a dev could tell me how many downloads this game has. Probably no where close to 650,000!

Like I said most of these have to be multiple accounts by the same user...

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

No doubt the ladder is very messy. I am a high-rated player on my first account and have never used tricks or gimmicks - for reference. I think a ladder reset 1-2 times a year is reasonable though, and pretty common for other games that use this kind of ranking.

How does a helicopter catch the flu, exactly?
Forum Index » General Discussion