[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Naval Maps
Forum Index » General Discussion
Dschingis

Dschingis

Hi guys,

I have a (complaint?) question about naval maps or better the aquatic units.
They hit like range units, take Damage like tanks, move like flying units and the move kill ability of the wyrm...

First of all, I'm still kinda newbish and currently hitting the 1900 ranks so... not famous at all
But I have played now around ~5 rounds on naval maps and currently playing another 4(which is not much i know) but the pattern is every time the same. Get your marine going and kill opponent.

The problem i have with this tactics is, i can't see any counter to it, beside build your own marine and kill opponent (and this is pretty boring)...
The only strat. i can think of, is a very early rush but there is the problem.
Titans can't rush, when you are at the opponents base he will have at least 1-2 naval units, so your ground units are dead.
Saps might have a chance with the copter but they aren't cheap further one copter deals ~2-3 dmg to a naval unit. in the next turn it will suffer a lot more.
Khrals and a swarmer rush is the only possibility i can think of which might be possible - but too less exp with it ^^ (but why build swarmer when you can have a lot of levis)

Any ideas or did i miss anything?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09, 2011 03:36

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Mass garuda beats mass aquatic I believe. (definitely hydronauts)
Helis are only good against hydros, really. They're not very cost effective against levis and destroyers imo.
But don't try swarmers against aquatic. They do about 2 damage each and take 8 in return.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

Yeah, I have seen a similar thing, which is why I try to stay away from maps with too much water on them (ARiverRuns is about the most). I almost think the game would be better off without naval units, but that is just my thought, and I know lot's of people disagree with me. Also, naval units can be alright in maps with low credit per turn.
Dschingis

Dschingis

didn't thought about Garudas. But you have to navigate very well with them Hydros have a greater range, and if they shoot first the garudas are also toast But it should work.

@lantry
i'm playing random, so i can't really stay away from them. And did you play Rocky once? Small map, low income. Just defend against opponent capping and build something aquatic first. You have pretty much won. so when both players wait for the income, this is the most boring map out there.

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

For sure Rocky isn't boring map. If you are waiting for income your opponent will crush you at land.
River run is mostly very boring (especially if one player is titan) but at last if one player starts to attack every move is very important and forces your mind to work

naval maps are simple (only one naval unit each race) but they are good addition.
Forum Index » General Discussion