[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Improvements for team matches
Forum Index » New Feature Request
zCRP

zCRP

A better way to highlight friends/foes is needed. I always have to go to war report, then remember which colors are part of my team. how about adding some sort of icon to highlight units owned by members of my team?
[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

Great idea! I always thought it was annoying but didn't really consider there was actually something they could do about it

Another way would be to only give away warm/cold colours to each team => blue-greenish vs. red-yellowish. Black and White would have to be excluded then
So maybe the icon idea is actually more practical.
omulu

omulu

Great insight on how to solve that problem!
I'm another one that lost count of the visits to the War Report only to check friend/foe status. Geez, after the 3rd. Current Game I have a hard time to even know which team I'm on!

On another note: private chat between Team Members would be awesome.

And giving off bases for needy team members could be of some help too (Hummm... After typing this, I got worried, but can't exactly say why. I just got a hunch that it may not be a good idea. Does anyone have any thoughs on why giving off bases would be bad? Or good? Maybe just give credits, and within a limit?)
[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

omulu wrote:
On another note: private chat between Team Members would be awesome.

Coming in 1.0.3. It will make a huge difference!
[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

I love both these ideas. I've already had one game where I sat a tank on an ally's base because I didn't realize he was an ally.

And gifting credits gives you a way of helping an ally that is on the other side of the map that you can't get troops to. I'm a little nervous also about gifting bases; I think there might be some potential for abuse there.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Gifting credits sounds like just the right solution here. +1
rolando

rolando

zCRP wrote: A better way to highlight friends/foes is needed. I always have to go to war report, then remember which colors are part of my team. how about adding some sort of icon to highlight units owned by members of my team?

If you select any unit on the field the status HUD will indicate if they are in Team 1 or Team 2.

Not as obvious as what everyone is suggesting here, but just wanted to put that out there in case anyone did not know.
zCRP

zCRP

If you select any unit on the field the status HUD will indicate if they are in Team 1 or Team 2.

Yes, but the scrolling is a bit slow, an icon would give a quicker overview of the situation.

Also, what about fog of war in team games? should each player on a team be able to see what the others see? as team chat becomes available, this would de facto happen, but just allowing all team members to see the same would spare a lot of typing.
rolando

rolando

zCRP wrote:

Yes, but the scrolling is a bit slow, an icon would give a quicker overview of the situation.

Also, what about fog of war in team games? should each player on a team be able to see what the others see? as team chat becomes available, this would de facto happen, but just allowing all team members to see the same would spare a lot of typing.

Ah the scrolling... here's a secret...

You can scroll the status text by dragging your finger along it! Try it!

But yes, an icon would be more obvious.

In team games you see what your team sees and vice versa. So you have shared vision through the Fog of War.
[Avatar]
Robin

[Avatar]
Robin

rolando wrote:You can scroll the status text by dragging your finger along it! Try it!

...I never knew you could do that.
omulu

omulu

Hey Robin, cool avatar!
[Avatar]
revZloco

[Avatar]
revZloco

Also, how about when a team member gets removed/surrenders from the game, maybe the remaining team member(s) could take control of their bases/troops?
magic molly

magic molly

revZloco wrote: Also, how about when a team member gets removed/surrenders from the game, maybe the remaining team member(s) could take control of their bases/troops?

I've been wishing for that for a long time. The only issue there is how it would be split up. Maybe whichever players are closest? So if my teammate surrenders and had a tank right next to me, and my other teammate was across the map, i'd get the tank. If both players are equal distance, whoever has sustained more losses gets it.

On a random note, how is it that so many people don't find these little things that i found within a day of starting to play? Like the vision cheat, or the scrolling.

Also, _jnc_, i knew there was a white, but i haven't seen a black. The warm/cold colour split is actually a really cool idea though. Lets see... red, orange, yellow, white v green, blue, purple, black. I can't remember what colour there is instead of black though. Isn't it like a orange/blue mix? Hm. I think the current orange should be a bit less garish, and the blue/orange should be black.
magic molly

magic molly

Double-post ftw.

zCRP wrote:

Teams already see what teammates seem. I forget if it still works if a player drops though, if their units still 'see' for the other players. This (common) feature has saved me and my team many times, across many games. Communication is the way to win. Especially in sports. oh, joy.
brainiac

brainiac

i knew about the scrolling thing too.

its true that when you select a unit it tells you what team its on, however, if you have no remaining actions or it is not your turn, you can't select any units.

the current teams are (1) blue, yellow, orange and cyan (blue-green), vs. (2) red, green, white and purple.

i was going to make my own thread about my suggestion but it fits under this title. I think ally support units (infectors, engineers and assimilators) should increase your team mates repair rates who are standing next to them. that seems fair because their abilities (plague, EMP, UV) can affect friendly units. i learned that the hard way when on bases galore everyone else was sapiens and i infected an enemy and it spread throughout the whole map.
Forum Index » New Feature Request