[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Improve scoring system - to make ladder reflect real skill
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

There are 2 issues with the current ladder:
1. Many high ranked players have gained points earlier, when it was possible to farm bots etc. And they have stopped plaing or stopped playing ranked.
2. Some players takes unfair advantage of current system by kicking players in 3 and 10 minute games when they are not online.

The ladder now has many players in the top that obviously shouldnt be there.

There are 2 main issues that should be adressed:
1. Time & points:
players should loose points over time. In this way you have to play active to maintain your ranking.

2. Prevent early and unfair kicking from 3- and 10 minute games, usually in games with an unfair player vs some unexperienced players... (yes Evilcat im talking about players like you...) :
- remove 3 and 10 minute games from rated
and / or
- you can only get points from players whitin (example) 100 from your own rank, meaning i currently ranked 148 can only get/loose points from ranks 48-248 (currently score range 2260-2554)

Better ideas or improvement on my own are welcome...

...but something should be done... a lot of bitching and namecalling on the chat (and forums) of this issue...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
xenres

xenres

I LOVE THIS IDEA! i totally support all of this. I am constanly having to check my ipod in middle of class due to those 10 minute people, and i am glad i havent gotten caught. take out the 10 and 3 mins. also, the overtime reduction of rating is a good idea because it keeps people playing uniwar.
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

it's good idea.

In my opinion it should be different ranking for 1vs1 and for multiplayer games!! And even for random games.
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

I completely agree. The main thing is to have only 1v1s ranked (or have a separate ladder and ranking for 1v1, team, and ffa) but having points lost over time also seems pretty good. However, this would have to be carefully implemented as it would cause a lot of fluctuation over time. Imagine you are ranked at 2000 points, and you lose 5 points a week due to this new rule. The decrease in points will be perfectly steady, whereas the increase in points will rarely be stable. for example, if a game takes 2 weeks to finish, and you get ten points for winning this game, over two weeks there will be no net change in your score, but at one week it will appear as though you have dropped by 5 points. This example is simplified and not very extreme, but it demonstrates the flaw inherent in that system. I think the real solution to the second half (if the first half is having separate scores) is to have a more comprehensive score system available to the players, where they can see much more info about the score, e.g. a chart showing the player's score over time. this would allow the player to judge another players skill (and their own) while putting relatively low strain on the developers.
[Avatar]
yemrot

[Avatar]
yemrot

if you are worried about being kicked in 3 or 10 min games, dont join them! i get sick of people whining about this issue. personally if i have an hour to play and want some steady action, a 3 min game is great, and if someone joins and doesnt play, i will kick them every time because if i dont, they will kick me when im away from the phone. moral of the story is dont join these games if you arent going to be able to play them
Forum Index » New Feature Request