[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Exclude certain types of players from newbie games
Forum Index » New Feature Request
newuser

newuser

There should be an option (turned on by default for new players) to only get into games with opponents who are close to your rank (within 100? points of your score), and also an option to exclude playing against people who have played that same map/race combination more than XX times before, to prevent getting caught in a farming situation.

Once a player gains experience they can turn off this training wheels option and throw elbows against the best of them.
brainiac

brainiac

the farming situation with limited race choice wll stop being rated in the next update.

if you hit join random game it will match you with someone close to your rating.

also, if you create a game and someone too high rated for you joins, you can kick them by hitting the minus sign in the bottom left corner before the game starts.

lastly, many people are requesting a way to sort through games based on rating, map, race etc.
Anonymous

Anonymous
My advice... Don't sweat over ratings too much. A 1500 can be a total newbie or a pro with a new account. A 1900 may have only played 100 games against one other friend.

Just enjoy the game itself, and obvious pass over the rigged games.. Not because that'll lower your rating but because those guys are just bad sports.
aurens

aurens

Conversely, it would be nice to exclude newbies from higher level games. If I take the time to set up a game labeled "1800 up," half the time I'll get an opponent in the 1300s. Waste of time. When setting up a game, one should be able to specify upper and lower rating boundaries.
commentor

commentor

i feel the exact opposite. i think players should be required to play a lower ranked opponent every X amount of games. technically if you're ranked higher you should win most of the time since you have more skill. and if you lose, well, that gives a lower ranked opponent a chance to move up. the most you can win or lose is 30 points i think, and that's if the person you're playing is 300-400 points away from you.

so if you're 1800 and you lose to a 1300 player, you'd lose 30 points, but you'd also be given a chance to play against someone who's rated 2000 and get those 30 points back if you win.

the way the game is right now, no one wants to play anyone lower ranked, and the lower ranks can't move up quick enough to play the higher ranks so the gaming community is dead.

i think this is one of the reasons why you see the same players creating the same maps that end up not being played.
Forum Index » New Feature Request