[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Random Game Spam Problem
Forum Index » Bug Reports
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

So, this is similar to what others have posted. If I "Start a New Game" and choose "Rated" I suddenly get about 6 new random Rated games. Holy crap! That is a bit much!!!! I only have time to add 2 or so random games at a time, especially if they are rated. This needs to be fixed or I cannot keep playing rated!

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Interesting, in my last 6 or so 'start new games', I've gotten 0 extra games. Which is too few actually - I'm only playing blue suddenly. For awhile there it was consistently giving me about one extra red to go with any blue I started, which is fine and the way I wished it work. (It's a hard matching problem, probably can't always be exactly 1-1, but close would be good.)

What is the state of your 'available to random games' setting? Mine is off, though it's been off for awhile and I used to get some red games anyway (there was talk of different behavior for >2000 players.) I'm wondering if I need to turn that back on now, but I also don't want 6 games unasked for, it's really a poor way to treat your players if they don't feel like they have control over their time investment in your game.

Has anybody bugged any of the devs about this in a game?
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Yeah, so originally I started a new account with the intent of only doing random rated games on it. The moment I started a new random match, I suddenly noticed other games added to my current games list. I checked my account settings and it said that I was NOT available for random matches. So I set it to available and then back to not available to see if that would reset it or something.

I eventually played and finished the 6 games on my list and when prompted to start another random game, I said yes. Well, here come all the games again, 6. So I went to account settings and switched to Not Available to players at all. I finished the games, and this time said "no" to a new random game. Instead I went to the menu and started a random game from the menu, and wala! 6 more games, 3 of which were against the same player. Ugh.

Anyway, yeah, I can't manage 6 rated games at a time so I think I will just stop until I can get this problem fixed. (I was lucky that the matchups I had were cakewalks because it was a new account and all the opponents have been 1850 rating or less up to this point, but as I get above 2000 it will become a real impossible time management thing)

I haven't gotten to talk to any developer about this yet in-game, but I hope it gets fixed! I want to play random rated.

On a side note, at least it did mix me up between blue and red in the matches about evenly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 30, 2011 23:43

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

I wonder if where your score is at makes a difference – having stepped up in score on current run I may no longer look like the best algorithmic match to more numerous players seeking games at other levels, and in the 1900/2000 range your account may be attractive meat for a system looking to fill lots of orders. Though if you are getting matched to extra blue games it implies the system is creating games where neither party hit 'start new game', i.e. it is just inventing games and grabbing two players which just seems odd. I was thinking the imbalances are created by players who like to run a lot of games, e.g. I'll load up on 20 games and hit start new game 20 times, and the system has to fill them all somehow.
Forum Index » Bug Reports