[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
1 st championship 4PDA on UniWar "Fall to the Jungle"
Forum Index » Tournaments
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Fighters!

February 23 will begin on 1 st championship 4PDA on UniWar "Fall to the Jungle"

Everyone is welcome!

Prizes will be valuable (300 usd)

Discussion and information about championships here:[url]

Automatic translation of ads here (will edit later):

Dear soldiers and friends!

Miracle - a friend saved the life of another! In honor of this momentous event, we begin to organize the 1st championship in 4PDA UniWar "Fall into the jungle."

If you have recently been in space or in the depths of the ocean and do not know about UniWar, then read about the mega-strategy here. Even if you just took off the suit and first learned of Yunivare, you have more time to prepare for our championship since Approximate start it on February 23.

Prizes will be cash Championship. While in the pool 100usd, but we continue to collect and to February 23, I think, will be at least 300. Prizes will be awarded for 1,2 and 3 seats.

Thus, the Provisional Rules of the 1st championship in 4PDA UniWar "Fall to the Jungle" (hereinafter - the Championship) are as follows:

1. In the Championship can participate, anyone

2. Championship will take place on the map jungle races sapiens sapiens against (sap vs sap)

3. Tournament championship system yet not precisely defined as depends on the number of players. If players have a little, then everyone will play every 2 games. If the players will be much, whereas others will use the tournament system, which we will announce in advance

4. Registration of participants is carried out so far in this thread and will continue until February 20.

5. Each participant should be able to take screenshots because they will be used to prove the victory

6. TALONE part in the Championship will not accept to give a chance for beginners.

7. All fights will be in the format of 10 minute matches (ie the course of each is given no more than 10 minutes). In this case each pair of players on a single party will be given one day, during which the couple agrees with each other on a convenient time of play and play it.

8. The results of fight will take the form of tournament tables, which presumably will be posted in this topic

9. Championship is supported by the moderators Rastaman. On organizational issues Championship to contact me in this thread on the organization of the Championship coverage on the forum - to rastamanov

10. Any help is welcome in the Championship

11. Anyone can make a donation to the prize money (for this write TALONE)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02, 2011 21:26

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Discussion and information about championships here:

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=287673&st=0&gopid=10122948&#entry10122948

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
curmudgeon

curmudgeon

Having users direct tournament for money is a horribly misguided idea. Talone or any othe user cannot guarantee fairness or payouts. Even if he keeps his word and the tournament is run legitimately; this format is not conducive to transparency.

A general rule for the Internet is to not give money to people you don't know, especially when they are in other countries.

At best this is just an honest person with a bad idea. At worst Talone has decided to rip off the naive...

[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

curmudgeon wrote: Having users direct tournament for money is a horribly misguided idea. Talone or any othe user cannot guarantee fairness or payouts. Even if he keeps his word and the tournament is run legitimately; this format is not conducive to transparency.

A general rule for the Internet is to not give money to people you don't know, especially when they are in other countries.

At best this is just an honest person with a bad idea. At worst Talone has decided to rip off the naive...

If you win a prize, you will get it. I guarantee it, TALONE.

The money will be transferred to you through Pay Pal, or through western union.

If you do not trust me, then do not participate in the tournament.

[WWW]
godblessu

godblessu

I think its a great idea. Why not?? The more tournaments like this with prizes the better!! As long as you dont have to pay for anything - u good, u only get a chance to win prizes, which is nice! what do u have to lose anyway? If u win but dont receive the prize, your word would spread out and no one else would sign up for these tournaments anymore.. i dont think talone would do that, its just pointless. I want to sign up!
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

i just don't like the idea of 10 minutes games. One match ist's about 25 rounds (not to much) both players are moving = 50 moves, each move takes about 5 minutes. 5*50=250 minutes! It's over 3 hours! Just in one game. I really don't have 3 hours play online without any break...
What about very aligned games? It would take 4 hours. Don't think i will participate.
But your involvement is commendable
NotThatGood

NotThatGood

I'm kinda new to this game, but playing the same map AND the same (mirror-)matchup all tournament long seems to be the most boring setting you can create for this game...is it really that imbalanced?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

No its not. Talone is a fanatic when it comes to "fairness". Ofc some maps are heavy imbalanced, but they cant be played rated.

Its Talone's tournament so he can do as he pleases, but i think it would be more fun with more maps - you can even make it more fair having 2 matches for each game, where the players play the same map twice trading races in the re-match.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

...which seems to be the direction of some other tournaments organized by the devs, e.g. this thread http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1235.page

Obviously, there is some tradeoff between fun, testing players for diversity of skills, and perfect balance. If you go heavily for better balance, you're going to get closest with same race matches. But, I think uniwar was really designed for cross-race (which is mostly what the random ranked system doles out).

That said, plenty of depth even to a simple matchup like Sap-Sap Jungle and this tournament could be plenty interesting or fun, and anyone going to the trouble of organizing tourneys deserves thanks and appreciation - cheers TALONE.
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Friends, new information:

i will play too
during one week we get more than 20 players. And it is without advertising. Soon we will start advertising company, so we plan to get 50-100 players.
prize money will get FIRST FIVE winners
time for turn - 24 hours
only Russian speaker players can join.
All information and regisration here:

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=287673&st=80&gopid=10197244&

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 07, 2011 23:06

[WWW]
WolfCat

WolfCat

Talone, why only Russian speakers? It limits the tourney Greatly as many very very good players don't speak russian
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

WolfCat wrote: Talone, why only Russian speakers? It limits the tourney Greatly as many very very good players don't speak russian

Because all in tournament will be on Russian language.

[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

already 28 members
Registration continue

1. Nuell - 2581 (RUniwaR team)
2. A6784 - 1551
3. dezalator -1668
4. Vadik_ru -1800
5. korevich - 1850 (RUniwaR team)
6. bogun - 2300
7. Ise Ventura - 1500
8. annunaki - 2100
9. Savvig - 2200 (RUniwaR team)
10. TALONE - 3545 (RUniwaR team)
11. Libiroo - 1877 (RUniwaR team)
12. Gerain - 2450
13. Aquaratus - 2050 (RUniwaR team)
14. yashart - 1979
15.antag0nist - 1581
16. Grizzlyk - 1699
17. Marqes - 2200 (RUniwaR team)
18. Rainbow - 2550 (RUniwaR team)
19 ludwick - 1500
20 Yegorius - 1900
21 manwww - 1500
22 Zolg - 1750
23 Inwor - 1573
24 Rekcrut 1544
25 Addon 2174
26 Gravity 1941
27 Smashik 1483
28 Ingvar 1820
100 0

[WWW]
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Congratulations for the tournament initiative. We are also willing to sponsor any well organized tournaments.
UniWar v1.6.0 will be released in early February. It will bring the
* REPLAY feature. Allowing everybody to see the replays of anyone.
* screenshots feature to save images on Android SDCard.
* ... and more
UniWar v1.7.0
* add achievements/rewards for tournaments winners, viewable in player profile.
* rating reform with multiple ladders (Random-1vs1, Random-2vs2, Custom-FFA)
* ... and more

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Xavi, thank you for your support.
Tournaments - the most interesting and spectacular part of the community Uniwar
Over time, I hope, be able to collect tournament with 100-200 participants and a prize fund of several thousand dollars. Then Uniwar come to a new level of credibility and popularity

[WWW]
Forum Index » Tournaments