[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
If a new race had to be added...
Forum Index » New Feature Request
If a new race was to be added, what would it be?
Rouge/Thug Humans (Rouges) 24% [ 6 ]
Infected Sapien/Khralean alliance (Earth Alliance) 4% [ 1 ]
Intelligent, Industrialized organic Aliens 40% [ 10 ]
Other 32% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 25
savior59

savior59

Lets just say, that a new race had be added into the game and you got the option to choose. The addition of this new race will not affect the game's balance, but will alter the assimilating style. Which would you choose?

Some Detail on the Races:
Rouge/Thug Humans (Rouges): Outlaws/Gangsters, tend to use stolen, makeshift, rundown vehicles and weapons. Special ability: Smokescreen (activates an unremovable fog in a 3 hex radius for 2 turns, units in the "smoke" can still move and attack, but cannot see more than 1 hex through the "smoke")

Infected Sapien/Khralean Alliance (Earth Alliance): A mix of infected sapiens and Khraleans, uses organic/mechanical hybrid "vehicles".
Special ability: Infectious bile (A friendly healing ability that is used like plauge, but it spreads and heals friendly units by 1 every turn, however it's removed if the unit is attacked)

Intelligent, Industrialized organic Aliens: Use high tech war machines and hybrid infantry
Special ability: Improvision (when used on an enemy, it steals 1 hitpoint from that unit. Then the "engineer" can use the stolen hitpoint to heal any friendly unit by 3)

I know its a bit far fetched, but lets just say one of these races can be put into the game without any balancing problems, which would you choose? If you have your own idea for a race please say so!

cafaling

cafaling

I'm surprised that so few people have read this thread, it seems cool. Sadly man, I don't think this is going to happen, but if I wanted one it would be other, or Rouges.

I may seem sane, but really, I worship nukes...
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

i don't want new race.
xEPSILON9x

xEPSILON9x

I'd honestly like to have both the Rogues and the Aliens. They both sound like cool additions, and 5 races would probably be easier to balance out then 4. (At least I would think so.) With 5 races it could be a system where each race is more advantaged against 2 races, and is more disadvantaged against the other two. The same situation would apply to the conversion of units. This could also be done without changing the balance of the original 3, which I don't see happening with 4 races. Anyway this is roughly how I think it would work:

~Sapiens~
[Advantages]
•Sapiens = Sapiens
•Sapiens > Khraleans
•Sapiens < Titans
•Sapiens > Rogues
•Sapiens < Aliens
[Conversions]
•Sapiens < Khraleans (Infect)
•Sapiens > Titans (Reprogram)
•Sapiens < Rogues (Bribe)
•Sapiens > Aliens (Recruit)
~Khraleans~
[Advantages]
•Khraleans < Sapiens
•Khraleans = Khraleans
•Khraleans > Titans
•Khraleans < Rogues
•Khraleans > Aliens
[Conversions]
•Khraleans > Sapiens (Infect)
•Khraleans < Titans (Assimilate)
•Khraleans > Rogues (Infect)
•Khraleans < Aliens (???)
~Titans~
[Advantages]
•Titans > Sapiens
•Titans < Khraleans
•Titans = Titans
•Titans < Rogues
•Titans > Aliens
[Conversions]
•Titans < Sapiens (Reprogram)
•Titans > Khraleans (Assimilate)
•Titans > Rogues (Hire)
•Titans < Aliens (Reassemble)
~Rogues~
[Advantages]
•Rogues < Sapiens
•Rogues > Khraleans
•Rogues >Titans
•Rogues = Rogues
•Rogues > Aliens
[Conversions]
•Rogues > Sapiens (Bribe)
•Rogues < Khraleans (Infect)
•Rogues < Titans (Hire)
•Rogues > Aliens (???)
~Aliens~
[Advantages]
•Aliens > Sapiens
•Aliens < Khraleans
•Aliens < Titans
•Aliens > Rogues
•Aliens = Aliens
[Conversions]
•Aliens < Sapiens (Recruit)
•Aliens > Khraleans (???)
•Aliens > Titans (Reassemble)
•Aliens < Rogues (???)

I haven't worked out many details, but I hope you understand what I'm saying.

The time we kill keeps us alive. - Rise Against
[Avatar]
Wrath Of Sid

[Avatar]
Wrath Of Sid

You know what would be cool? If the Titan's creators returned. The Predecessors (see Skar's UniWar backstory thread on the general discussion forum)

It would go something like this:
Ground Light:
Warrior (Cost 100, basic ground light base capturing thingy)
Raider (Cost 200, a faster version of the Warrior with a weapon more effective against Ground Heavy)
Healer (Cost 300, x3 repair rate, Recovery pulse (Heals all friendly units by 2 points within a certain area)
Ground Heavy:
Dreadnought (Cost 450, Heavy walking tank with an enormous flamethrower to cook up enemy units, good at absorbing damage)
Groundwave (Cost 650, Artillery piece with range equal to the Walker, fires shockwaves that do heavy damage at long range)
Aerial:
Gunship (Cost 400, Heavily armoured but slow aircraft effective against Ground Heavy and Aquatic)
Aquatic:
Battlecruiser (Cost 1200, Mega uber armoured sea unit that can do lots of damage in a naval engagement and can also spawn cruise missiles to bombard enemies from extreme range)

Just my thoughts

Sanity is for the weak!!!
Lexxtrism

Lexxtrism

I really don't think that's necessary. First of all, things are nicely balanced and between the three, incredibly diverse races there's plenty of variety. Secondly, there are many more important matters the devs could put their time into.
savior59

savior59

I like the whole list! And here's what I got to complete it! The list goes: (Ability); (Targeted Races), (Effect)
(Sapiens) EMP; Aliens and Titans; Shuts down all units in the AOE for 1 Turn. (15 CD)
(Khraleans) Plauge; Aliens, Sapiens, Rouges; Does 1 damage per a turn to plauged units, spreads to adjacent units.
(Titans) UV Ray; Sapiens, Khraleans, Rouges; Does 1 damage in a 5 hex AOE (11 CD)
(Rouges) Smokescreen; All except Rouges; Creates a 3 hex wide screen of smoke that blocks all vision for 2 turns, except those that are in it, those units have a 1 hex area of sight. (10 CD)
(Outsiders) Devastation; Targets 1 unit in a 2 hex AOE of the support unit, after a 1 turn delay, it damages the targeted unit for 3 hp. (9 CD)

Also for those conversions, Rouge > Alien would be Barter. Alien > Khralean would be Reconstruct.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Rouges keep getting mentioned but I still have trouble visualizing what one is. I assume they would dress like these people maybe?
http://videa.hu/videok/film-animacio/moulin-rouge-elozetes-trailer-2KCkoVzIxoVbC3Nz

which could be somewhat freaky in a sci-fi environment. but still....
savior59

savior59

I think you put the wrong link on lol, it came up with a love movie trailor. By Rouges, think of brutal street thugs/criminals, wearing beanies, black gloves, etc. Here's a unit list that I made up (I know it doesnt adress your question, but i thought i would put it out there anyways). Unit listing goes: Unit, Cost, Strengths/Weaknessess, Special Ability. Other Facts.

Bandit: 100, a common ground light unit that is weak vs aerial units, but is a bit stronger vs ground heavy. 10 Mobility
Craftee: 250, support unit, heals by +3, can activate smokescreen. Has a mobility of 7.
Hovership: 300, Medium Aerial unit, stronger than a swarmer, weaker than a guardia.
"The Boss": 375, Strong ground heavy unit, weaker than a tank, but can attack air and has 9 mobility.
"The Junkee": 475, Medium Ground unit, is stronger than a speeder, but slightly weaker than "the boss". Can make 3 moves per a turn.
Breacher: 500, Moderate siege unit, has a range of 2-4, this unit is weaker than other siege units, but can attack after move.
Strifer: 675, Strong aquatic unit, has 1-3 range, is weaker than destroyers and barely stronger than leviathans. Has 15 aquatic mobility, but has 6 sight.

BTW Sid I really like the unit ideas! Except the naval unit, that unit seems pretty scary. O.o

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02, 2012 13:23

[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

yeah, "Moulin Rouge", and we've been talking about "rouges" as a race
[Avatar]
Skar

[Avatar]
Skar

If we're going for races from my thread how about the Enyalios? I don't think we're killing them off any time soon so they could be another race.

Units:
Trooper - simple infantry unit, cost 100 creds
Assault trooper - infantry unit with Jetpack ability allowing it to make one four-hex 'jump' over impassable terrain, also slightly tougher than regular trooper, cost 200 creds
Battletank - Massive tanky thing that can take buttloads of damage, cost 500 creds
Skirmisher - Fast attack unit, 2 moves/turn, tougher than Marauder, good against ground light and aerial, 350 creds
Blaster - Light artillery unit, not as powerful as other races artillery, range 2-4 hexes, cost 400 creds
Cloud Eagle - Heavy aerial unit, massively awesome, range 2 hexes, good against basically everything, cost 800 creds
Cruiser - Powerful but very short range (2 hexes) range, cost 700

I know I left out a repair unit and everything's stupidly expensive but this is sticking to what's been said on my backstory thread

Nothing says 'Carpe Diem' like beer made of beer.
Fact.
savior59

savior59

Skar wrote: If we're going for races from my thread how about the Enyalios? I don't think we're killing them off any time soon so they could be another race.

Units:
Trooper - simple infantry unit, cost 100 creds Good Enough, any special abillities/strengths?
Assault trooper - infantry unit with Jetpack ability allowing it to make one four-hex 'jump' over impassable terrain, also slightly tougher than regular trooper, cost 200 creds Any drawbacks to jumping? I guess the aliens get no support units
Battletank - Massive tanky thing that can take buttloads of damage, cost 500 creds I would say, make it have maximum deffense, but have less attack damage than a plasma tank
Skirmisher - Fast attack unit, 2 moves/turn, tougher than Marauder, good against ground light and aerial, 350 creds Simple enough
Blaster - Light artillery unit, not as powerful as other races artillery, range 2-4 hexes, cost 400 creds I would say (and this is my opinion of course) bump the range up to 4-5, and increase the cost to 550. However, it will still be weaker than other siege units. I think this would go very well with the "Battletank" deffense
Cloud Eagle - Heavy aerial unit, massively awesome, range 2 hexes, good against basically everything, cost 800 creds 2 Range? Sounds a bit OP, espescially since it's aerial. I would say nerf it down to a 450 cred unit, and make it especially powerful vs air. Also give it 1 range.
Cruiser - Powerful but very short range (2 hexes) range, cost 700 Destroyer powerful? Or Hydronaut powerful?

I know I left out a repair unit and everything's stupidly expensive but this is sticking to what's been said on my backstory thread
I like that your sticking to the back story! I think it would be a great idea for this new race in particular.

Italics=My Feedback
[Avatar]
Skar

[Avatar]
Skar

Thing is in the backstory the Cloud Eagle was a spacecraft that could also operate in the atmosphere and so it would be a very large unit. The Eagle is supposed to compensate for their weaker artillery and low damage battletanks, considering that they don't have a proper ground based 'linebreaker' unit. You could imagine them coming up against a wall of plasma tanks and being thoroughly shafted.

Fact.
savior59

savior59

Here's what I think the Enyalios race should be set up, since they typicaly seem to fight the titans, they should be exceptionally good vs ground units. I will go through all of the Enyalios units, and give them stats based on what I think they should be used. Any numbers/stats not put up are considered "normal" (Exampe, all infantry have 1 repair, most units have 1 move per a turn, etc)

Trooper: Ground Light; Reconfigured by Titans, Pirated by Bandits. 100
Mobitility: 8 Repair: 2 Vision: 3 Special Ability: NONE
Ground Light: 7
Ground Heavy: 4
Aerial: 1
Aquatic: 3
Defensive Strength: 4

Techie: Ground Light; Support Unit. 250
Mobitility: 7 Repair: 1 Vision:3 Special Ability: Devistation (Damages 1 Unit in a 2 hex AOE for 3 damage)
Repair Increase: +3

Skirmisher: Ground Heavy; 300
Mobitility: 15 Repair:2 Vision: 5
Ground Light: 6
Ground Heavy: 8
Aerial: 6
Aquatic: 5
Defensive Strength: 9

Brawler: Aerial; 375
Mobitility: 12 Repair: 2 Vision: 5
Ground Light: 7
Ground Heavy: 9
Aerial: 9
Aquatic: 12
Defensive Strength: 9

Juggernaut: Ground Heavy; 500
Mobitility: 7 Repair: 1 Vision: 3
Ground Light: 10
Ground Heavy: 10
Aerial: 4
Aquatic: 12
Defensive Strength: 15

Blaster: Ground Heavy; 550
Mobitility: 6 Repair: 1 Vision: 5 Range: 3-5
Ground Light: 8
Ground Heavy: 8
Aerial: 8
Aquatic: 10
Defensive Strength: 4

Cloud Eagle: Aerial; 650
Mobitility: 8 Repair: 1 Vision: 6
Ground Light: 11
Ground Heavy: 12
Aerial: 8
Aquatic: 15
Defensive Strength: 12

Cruiser: Aquatic; 750
Mobitility: 11 Repair: 1 Vision: 6 Range: 2-4
Ground Light: 9
Ground Heavy: 9
Aerial: 9
Aquatic: 11
Defensive Strength: 11
[Avatar]
Skar

[Avatar]
Skar

Hmm, interesting.

However, there are a couple of units that are integral to the Enyalios. These are:

Assault Troopers (perhaps give the jetpack ability to regular troopers, like Titan teleport)
One of the main elements of Enyalios tactics is that they have the ability to disable Titan teleports, so the 'Techie' should have that special ability.
Battletanks have to be battletanks - in fact, the first Plasma Tanks were reverse engineered from captured Enyalios battletanks.
Cloud Eagle - I would much rather have it as an 800 credit unit, to make up for their ground unit's weakness against Plasma Tanks (low damage from battletanks, weak artillery).
Cruiser - Supposed to be very tanky with high damage, but very short range.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16, 2012 05:02

Fact.
Forum Index » New Feature Request