[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Helicopters Vs Titans
Forum Index » Sapiens
savior59

savior59

I've noticed on the forum that people keep on saying that helicopters are ineffective against titans, and to never use them. I disagree with what people have been saying, I use helicopters all the time vs. Titans and win frequently. Tips on how to use helicopters.

Tip 1: GANGUP BONUS!!: The best use for a helicopter is for the gang up bonus, bring the helicopter around and hit the plasma tank with it, then retreat it back. From the other side, nail that plasma tank with a tank, using this strategy generally inflicts 6-4 damage on a plasma tank, while only taking 1-3 on the helicopter and 2-3 on the tank.

Tip 2: "Jumping the Helicopter": This is best used on heavy forest maps, if the enemy has a walker set in the back and the area is blocked off by land, use the helicopter. If all possible, try to fly to the side and attack an enemy that wont do much damage to the helicopter, use then use the helicopter's ability to move even closer to the walkers. Generally this puts you 1-3 spaces within a walker if you do it right (don't be afraid to have you helicopter get hit by 1 walker, it only does 5-4 damage)

Tip 3: Provide Cover: After you attack an enemy titan on the frontline, you can retreat 2 spaces. Sadly, even if you move your helicopter behind a tank, eclipses can still hit them. Do NOT attack an enemy titan when eclipses are near by if you are not going to kill an enemy unit and fill the gap.

Tip 4: Engineers are your friend: Retreat helicopters and mass 3-4 engineers to repair them, this puts pressure on titan players.

Tip 5: Don't Overdo it!: NEVER NEVER NEVER helicopter spam, you need a balance between Engineers, Helicopters, Tanks, and Batteries.
[Avatar]
charnal

[Avatar]
charnal

I would spend less money getting tanks, which prove more useful against Titans.

In forested maps, like Jungle, marines reap since they get a bonus and heavy units get nerfed in forests. And engineers prevent Titans from spamming mechas likewise.

There are cheaper, more effective alternatives to helis. Remember, you're not playing the AI offline. The AI is predictable and advances haphazardly. Even the hard AI is manageable once you learn to take advantage of its weaknesses.

Even if the mouse is more clever than the cat, the cat is built to hunt. Likewise, against most human Titan players one or two helicopters, even used cleverly, will not outperform those eclipses, which have a range bonus also.

The most dangerous enemy is the one nobody fears
Forum Index » Sapiens