[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar HD First Impressions
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Wow, I am very very impressed with this release. I am going to play around with the map editor, but for now I have some first impressions.

-Units look amazing. I play on an HTC EVO and everything is so clear.
-Love the zoom function. On large team games this makes strategic planning much easier.
-Black replaces purple. Interesting color change, and i think this was made because the white units now have a purple shade to them. Anyway, black looks great.
-New tile sets! WOW. Very nice touch to add variety to the maps.

One idea:
In the original tile set the whole desert tile has a hue that is slightly lighter than the plains, which makes it very easy to distinguish from other tiles. I think it would be great if the desert tiles in each of the new custom tile sets also had a slightly lighter hue to make it easier to understand and distinguish the tile from others.

Anyway, overall - GREAT release and thanks devs.

Post your thoughts here too and discuss!

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Yes.

Very good release!

+ new graphichs
+ zoom/unzoom button
+ editor (and already many new maps)
+ new layout when chosing maps (2, 3, 4, 6, 8 buttons)

- user uploaded maps of varying quality will make it hard to find the orginal maps - needs a better system to categorize..

Edit: ...and i need a new phone with bigger display... my old HTC Desire is a little troublesome with my big fingers when chosing maps or using the editor.

edit2: found the exit from editor button.. not the most obvious place, but ok...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 14, 2012 13:20

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
dook

dook

Bring out the iPhone version NOW! Hurry!!
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Had a chance to play with the editor just a bit, and I'm sure they will update it as time goes on. It is a great tool and a few changes would make it even better.

The biggest thing: there is no option to add neutral bases to a custom map. I'm sure this will be added later as it is important in many maps!

Interface is a little clunky, and I'm still trying to figure out how the save map function is working. I think you can have one map at a time in the phone, but as many uploaded as you want.

I will mess with it a bit more and update.

Overall very happy with where everything is going though!

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Thank very much for the great feedbacks and feature requests. We are working on some of them... A new update will be available in the next days

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
joshua05

joshua05

It's great to see the Devs responding! I thought they had forgotten or werent reading the forums. But I guess they where just too busy working on the new updated game. Great update! Please keep them coming!
AlterSchwede

AlterSchwede

great release over all,
unfortunatley my numer 1 concern (insane battery drain) is still alive.

Would love to have some filter option in the map selection, (only built in)

is there a possibility that some of the user maps become rated maps in the future?

[Avatar]
kizmestar

[Avatar]
kizmestar

I guess I'm being really stupid here. But where the hell is the editor? Looking in all the menus but don't see it. It's in my frustration it's probably staring me in the face. But please help.
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

The devs are working hard, no doubt. They are just a bit inundated right now with all the buzz.

To find map editor, you have to be logged in. Go to current games, then back out to menu. The Map Editor is a button at the bottom of the screen.

Everybody I have made 2 maps so far, 6 player Aloha Bowl, and 2 player Azure Isle. Let me know your feedback on them! hehe

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Feedback system will allow the community to promote maps as rated. The battery drain will be fixed very soon. This week or next one

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
kizmestar

[Avatar]
kizmestar

Cpt Hawaiian wrote: The devs are working hard, no doubt. They are just a bit inundated right now with all the buzz.

To find map editor, you have to be logged in. Go to current games, then back out to menu. The Map Editor is a button at the bottom of the screen.

Everybody I have made 2 maps so far, 6 player Aloha Bowl, and 2 player Azure Isle. Let me know your feedback on them! hehe

Cpt Hawaiian

Thanks for the help. I found it last night after playing around with the online section.
joshua05

joshua05

I just upgraded tO the HD version. Can somebody tell me how to get to the maps that are more than just 2v2 in custom games???? I can't find them
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

start new game -> setup custom game -> klick the number (2,3,4,6, for how many players

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
bragot

bragot

Love the new HD version too. Good job devs!

My only feedback is that I feel like black and green look too similar. I'm not sure why the color schemes were mixed up, but if you could at least make the green a little bit brighter, then they might not look so similar.
joshua05

joshua05

simsverd wrote: start new game -> setup custom game -> klick the number (2,3,4,6, for how many players

Yes I did try that but when I clicked on any of the numbers other than 2 it said that there where no maps available. Could this be a possible bug?
Forum Index » General Discussion