[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Map Ranking and Feedback System
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Post your thoughts here about the system. The devs are looking at this forum for ideas on the best way to implement this.

There are a few ideas. Among them:

- only allow players of a certain rank to thumbs up/down them
- only allow players rated equal to or above the level of the map-maker the ability to thumbs up/down
- use a weighted system for thumbs up/down, where lower level players have 1 point for thumbs up/down and higher level players have more points for that. (for example, level 1649 and below = 0 votes; level 1650 and up = 1 vote; 1800 and up = 2 votes; 2000 and up = 3 votes; 2300 and up = 4 votes)

Discuss these ideas and any others you may have.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
WolfCat

WolfCat

The third variant if ok
like 1500-2000 - 1 vote
2000 - 2500 - 3 votes
above 2500 - 10 votes
something like that will really help rate maps ok
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

From Xavi:

Here is the algorithm to make a map rated:

On a 2 players map, each user can have 9 different feedback each user-map for the 9 possible race combos (3 x 3). On the server, when receiving a feedback for a map, we compute the % of positive feedbacks for that map with the formula (100 * positive / (positive + negative)). If there are more than 50 feedbacks and that the value is >= 60% then we change a boolean marker on the map that makes it available for random game. If the value is < 50%, then we change the boolean marker to removes the game from being available for the random game.

In the near future, we might weight the feedback with the score of the player.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

too long way

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Please weight the feedback according to player rank. What is being decided is not whether a map is fun, but whether it should appear in random ranked, correct? The critical thing is balance, and players have to be very good and experienced to (more) accurately assess balance.

Not sure what the 9x feedback for different race combos is referring to. Will maps be rated for random play separately according to race combos, i.e. khral-sap might be okay but khral-titan not? I think that would be great, given it is easy with the race relationships to make maps that work well for some matchups but not others. Using 9 and not 6 means there would even be different ratings for red khral / blue sap and blue khral / red sap, all the better...
WolfCat

WolfCat

do i get it right that a map needs 450 (50 by 9) feedbacks of which 60% positive to become rated?
i guess 450 is way too much, we'll have to wait a loooong time

and 2 ideas:
1. perhaps a 5 star system (1-bad 5-super) might be better that just like/dislike - it's jusy too polar
2. perhaps a map needs 2 ratings - one for fun and one for balance
otherwise i (or any other player) can give positive feedback to a map for being really fun to play buy the map is very unbalanced and cannot be recommended to become rated
the fun rating will be useful for filtering unrated maps to play the best
and the balance rating will be used to make maps rated
as for the balance rating - i think only players of say 2200+ or 2300+ should be able to vote cause it takes some really good understanding of the game to rate balance right
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

WolfCat i agree, it should be two rankings, 1 for balance and Rate/unrate and second for just funny maps.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

+1
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

from version 1.5.8, the voting is not for a map being rated anymore - its about "fun factor".

Usermade maps will play rated games based on race statistics by players over a certain level (i think it is 2000).
I dont know the algoritm or how many games must be played, but i will post it if i can find out.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » General Discussion