[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Solving excessive drop outs
Forum Index » New Feature Request
ahbritto

ahbritto

Although, I play with drop outs in mind and find it an interesting part of the game. I think the current situation can be improved.

My suggestion:

If time expires on the first move, the player gets default moves: their pieces repair.

If a player misses a second consecutive move, they automatically surrender.

I view joining a game a commitment to play in a timely fashion. Dropping out of games to maintain ratings just spoils a portion of play. If people care about their rating so much that they can't lose gracefully, they should not play rated games.

The solution above accommodates people who miss a turn here or there. But for most people, losing a game should not be a big deal anyway. Ratings should be a reflection of skill level. Ratings should not be a goal itself. Accommodating rating scammers is bad for the community.
rolando

rolando

ahbritto wrote:If time expires on the first move, the player gets default moves: their pieces repair.

If a player misses a second consecutive move, they automatically surrender.

Version 1.0.3 will have a similar solution, which is to skip the player in turn when their time runs out (instead of removing them). A player can be skipped twice consecutively if they do not take their turns within the time limit. If they are late again after that they can be removed.

When a player is skipped their only move will be to repair damaged units.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Rolando, to clarify:

A skipped player repairs units *and* earns income, right?
Forum Index » New Feature Request