[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Project Evolve-A Community Driven Evolution
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Tvetan

[Avatar]
Tvetan

Hello Everyone; I have a HUGE Announcement for all of you. I am doing public response research on revolutionary new features for Uniwar HD; Xavi has appointed me to get feedback on our ideas (pro's and con's) and even acquire your guy's very own additions to the game. We need thinkers who are not afraid to post their thoughts. The more in depth you go on Your ideas and ours (ie; Mention balancing pro's and con's, how it would add new depth to Uniwar, etc.) the more likly each new addition will be added. Uniwar is all about the community and me and Xavi have been frantically searching for ways to spark the intrest of a large number of players. We want to see a growth of players that are active in community events like tournaments, discussions, and even a "Pro League" of the most skilled Uniwar Players.
THESE IDEAS AND OPINIONS ARE GOING TO BE FREQUENTLY LOOKED OVER FOR GROWTH ON UNIWAR; VAST FEEDBACK FROM EVERYONE IS IMPERATIVE TO SEEING ADDITIONS!!!

Sounds cool; but how can i help?
~ Just post your ideas and point of view; it's as easy as that. each bit of information is critical in the growth and evolution of Uniwar. And who knows, maybe your idea will be agreed upon unanimously and appear in a upcoming update
Well where do I go to post?
~ Uniwar.com/forum.page -> New Feature Request -> Project Evolve-A Community Driven Evolution
Awesome! Is there any Rules?
Yes and they are as follows-
~Be as thourough as possible; Im not expecting each of you to develope a graph and power point to support the changes/decisions/comments you want to see, but do explain your reasoning. ie; Explain how the new suggested unit balances the game, what help a new feature could provide,or why adding a new resource tile would deepen the strategy of the game.
~ Don't insult or demoralize; there is nothing wrong with disagreement and stating disagreement is agreement is encouraged, but racist or offensive slurs will not be tolerated. IMPORTANT- If i catch a player Verbally Abusing another steps will be taken to suspend or even freeze their account,it will NOT be tolerated as we all have an opinion.
~ IMPORTANT- Keep Your all your ideas in one post, seperate each idea with bullets-that way we can stay organized with thoughts and each players ideas can be easily quoted and reflected.
ie:
1.New Unit
2.Feature Request
3.New Tile
etc.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 20, 2012 09:20

The Old Lie; Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

Ideas:
- Dynamic visibility (see farther when standing on mountains, etc.)
Further explanation: a ground unit standing on a plains would not be able to see past adjacent mountains, a ground unit standing on a mountain would be able to see a bit farther, basically making the lines of sight more realistic. This would add a lot more depth to the strategy in this game by allowing players to sneak units around, and by making certain ground even more valuable. Ofc, air units would be (mostly?) exempt from these visibility rules, as they can simply fly over things.

- Chat to players team/global before a game starts
allow the players to chat with each other, so that teams can set up plans, hosts can establish unofficial rules, and much more.

- Possibility to reject invitations
Currently the only way to reject an invite is to accept the invite, then drop out of the game right away.

- Separate ladder for team and 1v1 games
pretty straightforward. Different people are good at different things, and it should be charted this way.

- Show in chatlog who skipped who, who asked for peace, who rejected, etc.

- Categorize players as "trustworthy" the same way as you add "friends". Then show this in profile (number of recommendations)

- Ability to save recordings of online matches
after the match is saved, one of the options will be to save a recording of the game. This would be very useful in discussing strategy and evaluating the balance of the races/units, especially if there is a way to share it online so that everyone can look at them. Perhaps a simple web applet that could load and run recordings?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 27, 2012 19:58

[Avatar]
Tvetan

[Avatar]
Tvetan

1st; Add Custom Decals and Color's
~I personally love the ability to diversify myself from everyone and there's no better way then being able to select your own color comboination. Players should have 3 Custom Slots for color for each race that they could alter in the Account section in Uniwar; the 1st slot would alter "Main Color" ,2nd the "Secondary Color", and the 3rd "Decal Color" and 24-32 Color Options. Which brings me to my second half to this idea. DECALS - decals are symbols that appear on your units, For Example; If you chose the "Skull" for your decal and you were titans a Skull would appear on the hull of your Speeder. The ability to not have a Decal would obviously be available. The Decal choice slot would be right under the Slot to change "Decal Color".
Infantry would not bear the Mark as they're to puny on screen. Also acquiring Decals would be like Acquiring Achievements; For Example; the "Skull" decal would be unlocked after winning 20 games as sapiens. If this were added i would want a broad range of unlockable decals usable by all races ranging in difficulty from "Everyone has it" to "How did you mange that?!?"
2nd; Add New "Credit Patch" to Exhisting Tiles
~Resource tiles would be a normal tile but rich with extra credits to spend on units. resource tiles should only be able to be accumalated with "Healing" units (ie; Assimilator) and after each time of "mining" becoming increasingly saturated, also it takes the move of the "healing" unit each time you exhaust the "credit patch". also the amount each "credit pile" could be altered in the Custom Map Maker along with the amount of turns until pile is fully saturated. This would force players to expand and not turtle, create points of intrest ie; hotspots, and allow more variation in games (For Instance you wouldnt lose a match becasue you let your opening Helicopter die). After a "credit patch" becomes exhausted it reveals the original sprite of the tile; and credit rich tile would look like the the normal tile but would have crystals or some diversifying mark added. Any tile should have the ability to have a credit patch.
QUESTION:One thing im not sure on is should the "healing" unit have to carry the credits harvested back to a base or should they automatically be added to bank? And if the "healing' unit does have to go to a base could he be intercepted by another unit and have his credits drop to be taken?

The Old Lie; Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
[Avatar]
Tvetan

[Avatar]
Tvetan

lantry wrote: Ideas:
- Dynamic visibility (see farther when standing on mountains, etc.)
Further explanation: a ground unit standing on a plains would not be able to see past adjacent mountains, a ground unit standing on a mountain would be able to see a bit farther, basically making the lines of sight more realistic. This would add a lot more depth to the strategy in this game by allowing players to sneak units around, and by making certain ground even more valuable. Ofc, air units would be (mostly?) exempt from these visibility rules, as they can simply fly over things.

- Chat to players team/global before a game starts
allow the players to chat with each other, so that teams can set up plans, hosts can establish unofficial rules, and much more.

- Possibility to reject invitations
Currently the only way to reject an invite is to accept the invite, then drop out of the game right away.

- Separate ladder for team and 1v1 games
pretty straightforward. Different people are good at different things, and it should be charted this way.

- Show in chatlog who skipped who, who asked for peace, who rejected, etc.

- Categorize players as "trustworthy" the same way as you add "friends". Then show this in profile (number of recommendations)

- Ability to save recordings of online matches
after the match is saved, one of the options will be to save a recording of the game. This would be very useful in discussing strategy and evaluating the balance of the races/units, especially if there is a way to share it online so that everyone can look at them. Perhaps a simple web applet that could load and run recordings?

Each of these would be great additions in my opinion, and very reasonable ones. I love the idea of the terrain affecting visibility; i think it would give a richer experiance to the strategy without disrupting the way the game plays. also would encourage players to make decisions and allow players to more realistically use vision to their advantage "like they say knowing is half the Battle and currently it isn't hard to hide what kind of units you're spitting out allowing a player to Always be able to build 2 unit types without worrying. Maybe Flying units would be affected but a X Percent less then Ground unit?
[Avatar]
DevilWarrior

[Avatar]
DevilWarrior

We need new version of uniwar in symbian phones.
I know there are much andriod users but u cant forget about symbians users.

Tougher the goings, the tougher gets going.
[Avatar]
Toss

[Avatar]
Toss

@Up: Sorry m8 but symbian is a dead system and I highly doubt it, that someone will make a port to dead systems - even Nokia had announced that they will stop working on symbian.
EDIT: Sorry - didn't knew that UniWar is also available on symbian.

@Topic:
Idea - Upgrade stations

In the campaign the player could see the healing stations on some maps. What about making the upgrade stations on the map? The upgrade stations would have the ability to upgrade players units (present and future) with different abilities. Simplest example is + weapon damage and + armor upgrade. Each upgrade would have different time to finish: the more advanced ability - the more turns the station should be under players control.
The point in this is to make game more unique - the same units (on the opposite side) could be a bit different.

One example of ability - I saw that someone in another topic had written about special ability of infantry to make better attack vs heavy. There could be an upgrade of Sapiens engineer to give him ability to attack with bazooka at his healing ability cost - this upgrade would affect only engineer marked by us, not all of them. But some upgrades would affect every unit type.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28, 2012 09:48

[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

Another Idea I had: more game modes.
currently we just have Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch, where you fight it out towards the end. The game would greatly benefit from some additional modes to play.
-Survival: players start with a certain amount of credits, and bases don't produce credits. The winner is the one with the most efficient army.
-King: each team has a "king" unit, which the other team must kill.
more suggestions for gamemodes welcome!
[Avatar]
Toss

[Avatar]
Toss

I think that 'fast' games should have be more secure - .
Many times, when I wanted to play with someone with turn length set to 3 or 5 mins, something just pops up in real life and I needed to do something. When I came back I was already kicked out of game without even seeing it. At this moment the game starts when host will do the first move, second player have to be online or will be kicked.

I think that games, which are set to 3 or 5 mins should start only when both of players agree to start at the same time. Ofcourse after game starts and one of the players would go away, the current system would remain intact.
[Avatar]
DevilWarrior

[Avatar]
DevilWarrior

Symbian is dead but symbian users are not dead,we need it on symbian too.
And I agree with toss idea of secure game in three to five min turn game,I dont participate in fast game cause of that problem.

Tougher the goings, the tougher gets going.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Symbian, winphone and RIM will not see any further development. On the bright side .. there will probably come a browser version (PC) not so long in the future

I agree that there is a problem with rated 3 minute games, where players start the game when they see you are not on.. Will also probably become a problem of the past when points system is reformed (most likely only random games gives point in 1 vs 1)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

simsverd wrote: On the bright side .. there will probably come a browser version (PC) not so long in the future

I forgot to mention that in my ideas, but that is like my number one top request. A PC version of Uniwar would open up so much possibility!
[Avatar]
Toss

[Avatar]
Toss

@DevilWarrior: Hehe, well I didn't heard in the news that Symbian users had commit suicide after Nokia announcement, so I thought that some people are still using Symbian.

@simsverd: UniWar via www on the PC?! Thats fantastic, I also were thinking about that thing - always when I've received a mail from UniW. when I were doing something on PC and I HAD to take the device to respond (damn addiction ) to the opponents moves. Just a little idea about www UniWar - make two versions of web game. Normal for PC, laps, tablets etc. And lite for every single smart-phone - this way, even unsupported systems users could play UniWar on their phones.

Cheers!

31.01.2012 EDIT:
The next thing that should be changed are the Titans itself, they are much overpowered. It couldn't be, that they are always winning on some maps. I'm new, but I've read abut that problem - the Sap artillery should have the same range as walker or give the Sap boat longer range. At this moment walker and the Titans boat over-ranges the Saps units and there are no possibility to win. I agree that Titans are slow, but they can turtle up and mass without problem - because Saps arnt mobile enough to break through such defense.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31, 2012 05:52

[Avatar]
Toss

[Avatar]
Toss

Sorry for double post, but I have a great idea about balance!
Make the max supply count in Uniwar - everyone agrees that Uniwar is a bit like starcraft, and all three races are 'mirrors' to the terrans, zerg and protoss.

In sc the main thing that have kept the balance in line were the supply count for each race. Make it in Uniwar and therefore the Bugs (sorry, but i still cant remember the name ) could mass the biggest numbers of units. The Saps would be somewhere in the middle and Titans could buy the smallest amount of units.

With this feature, every race would be unique - ofcourse there should be also added the splash-damage units to help other races in the war against the mass armies of buggs.

What do you think about that?

Cheers!
curmudgeon

curmudgeon

I would increase the draw to this game by giving the current users more game play options and at the same time stealing avid TBS players from other simillar games. I won't plug the game here, but there is one great game, (if it worked on iphones and wasn't a monthly subscription would give this a game a run for its money) that has only 1 race, no fog of war, and no teleporting base capturing units. In this game users are free to make maps with unclaimed bases all over the map and as long as they are symmetrical, there is no map or race bias. This format opens up a style of gameplay where expanding and keeping your opponent from expanding are crucial aspects (something I really miss about Uniwar). I'm not saying to do away with what Uniwar has going on, but allow users to play in this style too, which will hopefully increase the number of users and retain the top tier players who seem to get boored and stop playing.

Suggestions:
-All ow a no fog of war option in rated games
-Allow for another mode of "1 race games" where each side can purchase any unit from any race (with the exception of mechas and maybe just chose 1 of the 3 healers which will work on all races)

I've left out a lot of details on how a 1 race game would work given the current units of Uniwar because I'm just trying to get the concenpt out there. Please comment only if you like the concept, and not get wrapped up in details like "this won't work becuase no one would buy a Pincer"

savior59

savior59

Good job OP on making this post, this should help organize these ideas. I also have a couple ideas of my own . The ideas I have are NOT about units, but about the creation and maybe the change of some tile stats.

**New Tiles**

1) -Road: Road tiles are uncapturable tiles that are used for getting ground units across areas quickly. These types of tyles could be very useful for people creating larger/bigger maps, or for people that would like to create maps with key locations that they would like players go through. The addition of the road will also enable quick scouting in large maps for players, allowing units like speeders, muraders, marines, and underlings to cross mass distances to scout enemies.
Mobility Cost: Ground Light: 2 Ground Heavy: 2 Aerial: 3
Stat Bonuses: No Stat Changes for ALL unit types

2) Estuary : Estuary tiles are both crossable by ground units AND aquatic units, this tile is a must have! This tile would best be used for either one of two reasons. Either reason one, to make masses of land, which are divided by water, to able to be crossed with no transports required. Also, these types of terrians could give players a true "swamp" or "jungle" feel for players who try to create these types of maps.
Mobility Cost: Ground Light: 4 Ground Heavy: 4 Aerial: 3 Aquatic: 4
Stat Bonuses: Ground Light: 0 Attack/-1 Defense
Ground Heavy: 0 Attack/ -2 Defense
Aerial: No Change
Aquatic: 0 Attack/ -2 Defense

3) Bridge: Bridge tiles are alot like Estuary tiles, which are crossable by aquatic units and land units. Bridges would be much like Estuary tiles, only that they do not affect stats as much as Estuaries do. Also, Bridge tiles would be crossable by aquatic units, but cannot be landed on.
Mobility Cost: 3 (ALL)
Stat Bonuses: Ground Light: +2 Attack/ 0 Defense
Ground Heavy:+1 Attack/ -1 Defense
Aerial and Aquatic: N/A

In my mind, all of these tiles are worth adding, but what do YOU think?
Forum Index » New Feature Request