[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
HUGE issue: Games I did not join.
Forum Index » Bug Reports
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

As mentioned in the topic "UNWANTED games", there is an bug in UniWar that adds me to games I don't want to join. When I join a random game I sometimes get added to other random games as well, and in the extra games I play as a random race rather than as Khrals like I usually play. Needless to say, this should be fixed immediately. I don't want my rating to be destroyed by losing games I didn't even join!

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
Thunk1227

Thunk1227

I'm having the same issue, and am still having on the iOS HD version
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

tha game mechanics have not changed in the HD version. The issue is known, and under discussion

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Thanks simsverd, nice to know that it is being worked on. FYI it happened again today, joined 1 game and got added to 3 more.

[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

A quick fix for you would be to have 19 games running when you start a new random. You can only have 20 so you will then only get 1 random...

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

I only like to keep about 10 games at a time, that way I am free to accept game invites and I don't have to spend quite as much time playing UniWar.

[WWW]
hussy55

hussy55

I haven't tried to iniitate any random games in more than a week. Yet i keep getting added to games I don't want with no way to decline. Tried offering peace with about 50% result. Consequently i just surrender and get out of the game. My rating has gone from mid 2000 to mid 1400. This is crap and it's new to one of the recent updates. This is a great game but I'm about to shitcan it because i get three unwanted games everytime I turn it on. I see many complaints why no fixes?
__GabZ__

__GabZ__

hussy55: Sounds like you haven't set the 'Available to random games' option to No.
[Avatar]
Monkey Borg

[Avatar]
Monkey Borg

This has really been p*ssing me off because it gets me into trouble. I already catch too much grief for the time that I put into uniwar, but it REALLLY doesn't help when i ask for one random rated game AND GET SEVEN instead. Maybe i'll explain the situation to other players and offer peace, BUT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!!!

If I only ask for ONE game, I should get only one and not SEVEN.

Also, I should have the option of ABANDON-ing or DELETE-ing such extra games for which i don't have the time.
[Avatar]
jettero

[Avatar]
jettero

simsverd wrote: A quick fix for you would be to have 19 games running when you start a new random. You can only have 20 so you will then only get 1 random...

This doesn't actually work. I find that I sometimes get an extra game past the 20 game barrier, that just doesn't show in my game list. I just surrender them all. That's my work around. I surrender about an eighth of the games I join on the first move. If I cared at all about my rating, it would make mad, but the fact is, the opponents stay easier if I can keep my rating down. In Go, we call it sandbagging, but I expect the term comes from chess.

simsverd wrote: tha game mechanics have not changed in the HD version. The issue is known, and under discussion

Oh really? where? This is the thread that's at the top of the list and you're not linking to this supposed other discussion. Is there a bug tracker? Hi! I'm new here. The only reason I even loaded up the forums was to look into this issue. I imagined it would go away eventually, but it did not. Why isn't it fixed yet? If this game was free, I probably wouldn't bother to complain, I'd just uninstall it. Presently I'm wondering if the game even has maintainers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22, 2012 07:57

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

jettero, monkey borg, droidfreak36, thunk1227, hussy55:

have you set available to random games to "no" (in meny, my account) ?

[Email]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Yes, of course I set it to "No". I don't want random games all the time, and I don't get any unless I join one, but when I do join one I get much more than one. I wouldn't even mind so much except that the extra games are with random race rather than my favorite Khrals, at the very least you should make the race for those games the one that was chosen for the game I actually joined.

[WWW]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

I gave up joining random games for lent (no joke) so I had none at one point, but when I joined one on a Sunday I got about 6 instead. Now I'm back down to none, which is good because I will be away from UniWar for a week soon.

[WWW]
[Avatar]
jettero

[Avatar]
jettero

simsverd wrote: jettero, monkey borg, droidfreak36, thunk1227, hussy55:

have you set available to random games to "no" (in meny, my account) ?

Yes. it is set to no and available to friends only. I don't get random games at random times.

I only get random non-favorite-race games within a few minutes of intentionally joining a random game. It's pretty clearly a cross product issue (in the rdbms sense) -- I mean, it's just a guess, but it's a logical one. The 20 game limit thing does help, but I find there's a race condition with it. Like when the db selects the valid games, it's also selecting a few invalid ones. And when it selects one, it's also sometimes selecting a few others sometimes. So even with twenty games, I sometimes get added to two or more, and even when I only get one, sometimes it's the wrong race.

It's pretty annoying. If I was trying to get my raiting up, I'd probably quit the game, but as I've said, I don't mind sand bagging. Last night, I surrendered 4 in a row until I got one for the right race. Heh.
eltdrgntmr

eltdrgntmr

This is truly an annoying issue and should be an easy fix. Why hasn't it been fixed since the HD update?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28, 2012 12:45

Forum Index » Bug Reports