[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
My map was rated, now its not, why?
Forum Index » Frequently Asked Questions
tiberian

tiberian

So I had a map and was kind of proud of myself for the first player created rated map, and now its not rated after the last update. I ran the numbers through the formula and according to that it should be rated, 80 people have rated it, 67 approve and 13 don't, the % is 83.75 of people approve. I made my map fair as far as I can tell and can't figure out why it isn't rated anymore since the last update. Anyone know the answer?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

the present formula makes custom maps possible to play rated when 90% or more positive feedback.

In the future there might be other mechanisms to determine rated or not (possibly automatic based on race statisticks from players over a certain level)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
tiberian

tiberian

Thats practically impossible, If not so good players play against a better player then they are likely to rate it bad, not cause its bad, just cause they lost by a landslide. I'll bet that if you put the maps already on here and rated up for vote that they wouldn't be able to get 90% of 50 votes, 80% is pretty impressive I think. I think my map is pretty equal for all races, I know there are a few maps on here already that are unbalanced for one race or another. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I'm just requesting that you change the requirements for rated maps a little so we(the players) can actually achieve them.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

I agree that "fun factor" votes are not the best way to determine if a map can be considered fair for all races and starting orders. It is still under discussion, and i believe we will see a new way to determine this in the future (as i mentioned earlier).

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
tiberian

tiberian

OK, thanks, I guess I'll be patient then.
cartilaga

cartilaga

Guys, it is necessary to do smth with formula. If it will be 90% positive, we will never see user rated maps.
Abrasive has 51 feedbacks. They are recieved from different players, no clones. Most of 8 negative feedbacks were given by players with rate 1500-1700. I try to give away them, but it were very difficult not to win.
I hope, you will invent new rules soon/
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

We plan to change that in the next days

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

friends, if we want a lot of good rating map, we should give for high rated players something about 50-100 votes for person

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

i can list here 5-10 really the very best players

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
Forum Index » Frequently Asked Questions