[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
My opinion on balancing.
Forum Index » General Discussion
youownme

youownme

So overall, this game's balancing is okay without drastically changing it. However, I have been noticing some things in my games that I would like to see changed. I think khraleans need underlings to have 1 aerial attack. My hope is that this would not do much change to gameplay except help garudas take out helis. I would also like to see sapien tank defense rise 1. Also, sapiens are not used much in multiplayer maps. I think this is because they have poor artillery. I think that the battery needs an ability so it can compete with wyrms and walkers. I do not know how this would affect 1v1.

Those are my thoughts, would love to hear yours. :]

-_-
TonyJ

TonyJ

I think the problem is the fact that Wyrms are dirt cheap and so strong. The move AND Attack essentially allows them to play offensively or defensively while retaining high damage output. Sapien Helicopters have a low heavy offense(Ground Heavy:7) and don't do much damage to Garudas(Defense: 13!), who can heal for 9+ damage with one scorpion behind them. Having a Battery is expensive and dangerous because it has to very slowly get into position with an entourage of marines, or it easily succumbs to a Swarmer/Underling/Garuda ambush.

Kharleans need the move on attack removed from Wyrms. Hammers have only +1 range on them yet have to waste a turn to get close, where a wyrm will take one step back and still attack you each turn.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 13, 2012 20:24

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Well, it's true that Wyrms are quite strong, and sometimes when they pop out early in a match they are very difficult to deal with.

But the thing is, the proper way for Saps to use batteries against Khrals is very similar to the proper way titans should use their siege against everyone else. It takes careful planning to know when is the right time to build a battery agains khrals. Typically against khrals, you don't start pumping out batteries at all like you do so easily against titans. You have to wait until you have a strategic placement, and more often then not it is a base that you can pin down. The key is to build helicopters against khrals, and rush in to kill wyrms when they come out, sacrificing marines, marauders, or even a heli if you have to in order to contain wyrms.

Remember, only build batteries against khrals when you can pin one of their bases or you have a proper defensible location with which to create space between your front lines and theirs, which will help in allowing your helis to attack and retreat with no recourse. Batteries can be useful here if the khrals come at you with a wall of pinzers, too. You can take them out with batteries and helis. And, if they get too close, you can snipe infestors that lurk behind trying to heal the pinzers. The battery has 12 attack to ground light and will kill those little monsters in 1 shot even if it's sitting on a base.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 14, 2012 01:22

[WWW]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

I think that both Sapiens and Khraleans need better anti-air attacks. As it is, many battles basically degenerate into Helis vs Garudas with only a bit of help from Swarmers and Marines. Giving Tanks and Pinzers anti-air attacks would help, though ideally they would each have a new anti-air unit (See my suggestions in "6 new units"). Basically, most Khral and Sap units are useless vs air, making building air units the only way to kill air units (basically the same as sea warfare, except it's on all maps).

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
youownme

youownme

Tony, I think the wyrm is fine. If you use the right combination of units, I do not think it is overpowered except maybe in large multiplayer games. Which is why I think the battery needs to be better. Also Hawaiin, from my experience when playing sap vs khral if a battery is made, it doesn't last long. I hardly ever see batteries. Usually the are just crushed by burylings and swarmers, which can move from out of range, to in range and deal considerable damage.

-_-
ppdashing

ppdashing

I thinks are fine but they should be priced at 600. But then again Khrals have tough time dealing with helis/marines. Wyrms are the only hard counter they have.
converted

converted

Wait a second here.....

You guys are whining about sapiens and khralean needing buffed while there are only 5 Titans in the top 50.

25 are sapiens and three rest khral

5 whole titan players and there is whining sapient isn't strong enough..... WTF

What are you guys smoking????!
youownme

youownme

First of all, this post is from February. Second, all three races need balancing. Third, there a quite a few players in top 50 who do not deserve their rank. Fourth of all, I am not whining, just trying my best to reach balance in this game. Fifth, titans are not necessarily unbalanced, just a lot harder to play. I know that is a lot of things but I hope that is not too much for you.

If you'd like a demonstration, invite me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25, 2012 18:52

-_-
Forum Index » General Discussion