[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Movement animation and instant replay
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
IzzyNobre

[Avatar]
IzzyNobre

Hey there, guys!

I was wondering - it's a little lame that the units "teleport" instantly to their destination. Wouldn't it look a lot slicker if they actually moved/marched/flew/slimed there?

Also, about the replay. It's a little cumbersome to have to always navigate the menus to replay the enemies last turn. Wouldn't it be an easier solution to have the replay happen every time you come back to a game when it's your turn?
magic molly

magic molly

If it could be made absolutely perfect then maybe. However, in my experience, trying to get movement like that ends up looking very silly, and just slows the gameplay. Also, it is a lot of animation work to do and to get to be smooth, when, as the game is fine already without it, i would rather the devs made the game better, or made more games.
rolando

rolando

IzzyNobre wrote: Hey there, guys!

I was wondering - it's a little lame that the units "teleport" instantly to their destination. Wouldn't it look a lot slicker if they actually moved/marched/flew/slimed there?

Also, about the replay. It's a little cumbersome to have to always navigate the menus to replay the enemies last turn. Wouldn't it be an easier solution to have the replay happen every time you come back to a game when it's your turn?

Others have also mentioned having "movement" animations. We went with the "teleport" approach to keep it a fast paced games, especially when online multiplayer comes into play. We are keeping this in mind for the future.

For the replay we are going to add a shortcut button on the screen so you can access the replay more quickly (and be more obvious for new players).
Forum Index » New Feature Request