[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Plague
Forum Index » Khraleans
[Avatar]
Skar

[Avatar]
Skar

Hi all.

I am a new player and I really like the Khraleans.
Does anyone have any tips on using the Infector's Plague ability?
I really like it but I haven't been able to use it well yet.

As a side note I was recently playing a FFA match with another Khralean player, a Titan and two Sapiens, and the other Khralean plagued the blue Sapien's helicopter, which he then used to infect most of the yellow Sapien's army. It was a pretty bold move but it could be really bad for Yellow.

Nothing says 'Carpe Diem' like beer made of beer.
Fact.
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Skar wrote: Hi all.

I am a new player and I really like the Khraleans.
Does anyone have any tips on using the Infector's Plague ability?
I really like it but I haven't been able to use it well yet.

As a side note I was recently playing a FFA match with another Khralean player, a Titan and two Sapiens, and the other Khralean plagued the blue Sapien's helicopter, which he then used to infect most of the yellow Sapien's army. It was a pretty bold move but it could be really bad for Yellow.

Plague is a nice technique, but requires some proper positioning and situation in order to get value out of it, since more often than not you will have to sacrifice a 300 credit infestor to spread it.

The safest way to spread it is if you have an infected marine handy, you can plague him and send him out to the middle of a sapien pack as a cheap sacrifice. Or, you can team up with a sapien teammate and infect one of his marines, which he can then send off into a pack. It's better than sacrificing an expensive helicopter to do that.

The key is to make sure to infect as many enemies as you can in one turn, and this effect is amplified on small/crowded maps. Remember that any unit with plague will, at the end of their turn, will spread it, too.
Pay attention to where enemy engineers are, as if they are right nearby they could instantly nullify the plague and make it useless. A final note, it is better to spread plague to the expensive slow-healing units as well, (like choppers), as compared to just a couple marines. (unless those marines will surely spread it over a tight unit pack)

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Forum Index » Khraleans