[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Underling cannot attack enemy unit
Forum Index » Bug Reports
gemo

gemo

Condition:
Underling has same vision range as its walking range. No other units are present to see beyond underling vision range.

What happens:
I move underling next to the opponent's unit, but there is no option to attack it. This does not seem right.

I know that the opponent's unit is there from previous turn, so the underling was sent there to fight it, but it just lands next to it and refuses to take action. Even when I *don't know* about potential target in advance, it still looks crazy to not be able to attack it. We are not talking about shooting blindly, this is a melee unit unable to attack something right next to it!
J.C.

J.C.

Ok, let me see if i understand what you said...

You want to move an underling as far as you can. It means that on flat terrain, you move it ahead for 3 spots.
Unfortunatly, underlings has vision of 3, so you can't see if on the hexagons located next to your destination there is a unit.

But you know for sure that in one of those hexagons there is a unit, so you are asking why can't you hurt it with your underling.

The answer is easy: When you select a unit, you can attack every enemy that you can see on the map. Moving your selected unit doesn't change the hexagons you can see.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

I see where you're coming from, but this inability to attack unseen units is an important part of the game. To stop this from happening you need to use scouting to see areas where enemies are stationed. For Khraleans this usually means building air units to see the enemy or sending buried underlings underneath the enemy.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
Forum Index » Bug Reports