[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Add game option to restart a turn
Forum Index » New Feature Request
georgexsh

georgexsh

While play online, restart a turn before endding it sounds fine.
since it could be done by uninstall / install the game.
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Then many players will use fast and high vision units like marauder or speeder moving at deep behind enemy line at possible.
To see what enemy hiding. Then restart and play again with much more information acquired.
Or they can test their strategies in real situation to find out whether it's work or not.
In my opinion it sound like cheating.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26, 2012 02:13

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

StarryBlink wrote: Then many players will use fast and high vision units like marauder or speeder moving at deep behind enemy line at possible.
To see what enemy hiding. Then restart and play again with much more information acquired.
Or they can test their strategies in real situation to find out whether it's work or not.
In my opinion it sound like cheating.

You missunderstand.. what you describe is "flaws" in current system. Its possible to "re-do" by uninstall/install, or by logging in between accounts.
His suggestion is to give some of the same "benefits" without the need for "tricks".

The devs are fully aware of this "flaw" in the game, so i would not call it cheating - rather a flaw that most of the high level players take an (unfair) advantage off.

This will probably change in the future when this issue will be adressed.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

It's a quite severe flaw I think.
With this trick you don't have to guess what enemy hiding or whether your strategy will work.
You just do it in the real game then restart.

However I don't like to do this trick because my brain won't be exercised with this trick.
I choose this game since it's good for executive training and it's fun.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

That trick will not make a bad player becomes good. We might add the restart turn option in the future to make it easier for everyone. It will never change the outcome of a game except for someone who did an unintentional mistake

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

I'd vote against the 'restart turn' button. It endorses the behavior. Suddenly I'd feel like I *have* to do scouting, reset, then play, every turn to stay competitive. Right now, uninstall or login/out is tedious enough that I doubt most players do this routinely. I never have. And I agree the game benefit isn't that huge – top players win via solid positional play, formations and combinations, and unit strategy, not ambushes (although they can be fun).
butz

butz

xavi wrote: That trick will not make a bad player becomes good. We might add the restart turn option in the future to make it easier for everyone. It will never change the outcome of a game except for someone who did an unintentional mistake

True that i will not make a bad player good, but it will make a good player really good.
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

If you add a restart button maybe sometimes I can't resist my bad soul in pressing it.
It's just too easy way to get unclean advantage and my good soul isn't strong all the times.
Nuell

Nuell

I and my Russian brothers think that it is bad idea
On the contrary it is necessary to find a way to eliminate this bug

Otherwise it is possible to ruin game...

Players will stop thinking about that how correctly to make a turn and simply will start to be engaged in selection of the successful scenario

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 01, 2012 03:19

[Avatar]
Toss

[Avatar]
Toss

RESTART BUTTON?! Are You gone insane? I really don't want to insult anyone, but adding a restart button is a stupidity. Like someone above had mentioned - who would need a scouting units if you can brainlessly push all your units into enemy lines, see whats cooking and restart? I ask who? I like this game, because it is something like starcraft - and in sc, you cant "go back".

UniWar isn't perfect, but it's damn best multi-player turn based strategy game on android.. if you'll add this function instead of doing something with this uninstalling thing - the players will stop playing.. I know I will, because this button will stop UniWar of being a real strategy game in which You have to hide your tech to the last moment.

Cheers.. and I really hope that my favorite cell game wont have to go to trash.
boourns

boourns

Whoa, this actually exists in the game right now? How about we fix that ASAP please? Pretty game breaking bug, even if it is annoying to do very often. And please for the love of God don't make this a game feature!
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

I confirm that we will NOT add the option to reset/restart/undo a turn.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

xavi wrote: I confirm that we will NOT add the option to reset/restart/undo a turn.

Thank you, Xavi.
argon steele

argon steele

disappointing to learn that this cheat is really out there. Is this android only? Sounds like a lot of work, but honestly only a total loser would resort to such tactics! Glad to hear that a restart turn option is not in the works, really unnecessary. Ultimately I don't think it's worth it to get to caught up in one's rating. You win some, you lose some, that's the fun of the game!
curmudgeon

curmudgeon

This is a horrible cheat. Please make a way to prevent resets from logging inbetween accounts. There is nothing to be done about uninstalls, but it is such a pain in the ass only the most neurotic will spend the time to do it. If we are allowed to retry, then you should just take the random factor out of the attack formula. If you see you don't get a favorable roll, you will just reset. Just because some people do it, does not mean the game will be better if everyone does it.
Forum Index » New Feature Request