[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Improvements to chat, please...
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Would you like to have clickable web links in chat?
Definitely, it would help teamwork out a lot! 60% [ 3 ]
Nah, I play on my flaky little phone and it's too much work. 0% [ 0 ]
It's about killing, not chatting! 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5
[Avatar]
Monkey Borg

[Avatar]
Monkey Borg

I'd like URLs pasted into chat to be clickable. I send sketches of battle plans and retyping the URLs is lots of hassle for my teammates.

ALSO, in team games, the default chat mode should be TEAM chat and not global chat. Please, since these are so simple and so valuable, please add them quickly...

Thank you!
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

I don't think I'd like to use the URL feature, since I would still find it much easier to describe plans in text rather than to draw them out and upload them. Of course, if someone sent me battle plans in a link, I would much rather click on the link than retype it.

Another issue I thought of is that this might allow people to post trolling or spamming links, so it might be more trouble than it's worth. I usually know my partners and trust them, but some UniWar players are not to be trusted with posting URLs (or with playing on your team).

As for the team chat default, I agree. Once I accidentally posted an analysis of the opponents' strategy in global chat... you can imagine that it was awkward when they commented on it.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Monkey Borg

[Avatar]
Monkey Borg

on some of my devices with keyboards, it's easiest to type, but i can also easily scribble on a screen capture and i want to be able to share that w/o having to switch apps 3 times, shorten the url, and still find that people can't be bothered to retype a link (where it's hard to distinguish between 0 and O and 1 and I in the uniwar font)... i've also tried to send forum links to beginner friends and that's a hassle to retype as well.

face it, typing on small devices is hard... and a skitched picture is worth a thousand words...

I think the spam risk is negligible, even if i did once play against a russian using the handle 'pcthief'...
[Avatar]
Monkey Borg

[Avatar]
Monkey Borg

I've seen simsverd suggest this elsewhere, but I think that team chat should be available before the game begins.

...and i'm not sure why people would vote against clickable urls, but i was being snarky when i added the option "it's about killing, not chatting" and I hope that i never find one of you on my team...
xEPSILON9x

xEPSILON9x

Monkey Borg wrote: I've seen simsverd suggest this elsewhere, but I think that team chat should be available before the game begins.

...and i'm not sure why people would vote against clickable urls, but i was being snarky when i added the option "it's about killing, not chatting" and I hope that i never find one of you on my team...

LOL. peace is the time when you reload your weapon, which applies to the chat just as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15, 2012 19:43

The time we kill keeps us alive. - Rise Against
[Avatar]
Monkey Borg

[Avatar]
Monkey Borg

Review of suggestions so far
1) urls in chat should be clickable
2) team games should default to team chat, not global chat.
3) team and global chat should be available before the game starts

Other things I'd like are

4) links to other games should be clickable. If I create a game "FOOBAR2000" and mention it in a chat, that should lead other players to the game so they can join
5) besides nationality, I want time zones in the user profiles and the local time of day for my opponents in their profiles.
6) language translation would be awesome, but cut and paste from the chats would help too.. I can paste into the text entry box, but not copy from the chats.

Forum Index » New Feature Request