[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Learning Matches
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Fool

[Avatar]
Fool

Greetings.
I am pretty new to this rather wonderful game (which I am generally describing to people as "like chess but with monsters and robots") and while I have learnt some of the basics - Marines in mountains good, Pinzer in forest bad - I am very aware that my play is pretty basic.
What I was wondering is if some of the more experienced/advanced players would be willing to volunteer to play matches with the specific intent of providing comments, tips or advice as we play. I'm not talking about a blow by blow assessment of every move but knowing things such as "now is the time to stop spamming basic units and start saving for artillery" or "that's an unfortunate placement of that unit - here's why" would really help me (and perhaps others) improve.
I know it would be a bit more of an investment of time/effort but would hopefully promote the development of more dedicated, courteous players (and they seem to be at something of a premium).
Any takers?

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

I'll play you, Fool. (That sounds like an insult, lol). I'm not in the top level of players (I'm only in the 1800's), but I'm pretty good at basic play, especially as Khraleans. I've found that the units you should choose largely depend on what units the enemy chooses, though there are many other aspects as well. For instance, if the enemy plays Helicopters, Khrals are basically forced to play Garudas or they get pwned. Likewise, if Khrals or Saps play air units, Titans usually must build Eclipses to take them down. Although this dynamic is strongest with air units, I usually pick what units to build based on the enemy units I see or expect to see in the future.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Im sure there are lots of players that will play and tutor you... i am one of them...

Invite me to an unrated game

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14, 2012 08:53

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Evil Jet

Evil Jet

I'm doing the same thing with a friend right now. Playing against better people and seeing what they do is one of the best ways to learn.

I'm down for a game if you like
Forum Index » General Discussion