[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Island map loophole
Forum Index » New Feature Request
gemo

gemo

Since people can create their own maps now, there is a problem with something as simple as an island map -- only mechas can teleport, other races cannot take over remote islands unless there is a land connection!

I suggest adding air transport for marine and underling. Either create a separate unit, or let them board an existing unit. It can go slower when boarded, also can add delay when loading/unloading.

I understand that standard maps are guaranteed to have a bridge, but custom maps are more fun to play! Also, transport is natural for an army that has battle cruisers and helicopters!
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Yes, it's true that Saps and Khrals cannot capture bases if they are unconnected to their own bases, but if there are enough "mainland" bases that they can capture to build up troops they can win by placing air units above the enemy bases and thereby "capturing" them by default (all enemy units must be killed for this to work). This is how I win in most of my games.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
ansonl

ansonl

The air unit method would not work for defeating Khraleans with buried units, though.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Underlings have no anti-air, so if you cover all of their bases (including naval bases) they are virtually forced to unbury the lings and let them die or to surrender.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
Forum Index » New Feature Request