[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
4 pre-game-teaming players to stay clear from in FFA
Forum Index » General Discussion
vonknut

vonknut

Heya, just played a un-ranked FFA game (Kingshill - 8 players), where 4 of the players had teamed up before the game started:

Sy-BorG (1463) karadoth (1554) Csharpmao (1647) jannos (1616)

How do I know for sure?

Well, they are all from Switzerland and started talking swiss instantly a lot, about
"au prochain tour j elimine mon adversaire direct, apres, i arrive avec quelqu helico pour t aider" (something like "I will kill my adversary quick, then help you with helis").
and
"j'ai pris le centre, mais si vous avez besoin de ressources, venez vous servir" (I will capture center bases for ressources, then be ready to help out").

And Lo and Behold, they did not attack each other, instead teamed up first against one of my enemies, then against me, with a combined heli-rush + eclipse teleport (in the same round, without having line of sight to the other).

While it indeed is "just a unranked game", that I should care about, I find it pretty pitifull, that people need to play unfair, to bolster their egos. And its a shame, that they ruin a fun leisure game. - I mean its an unranked game, so there should be room for sportsmanship.

But I guess their scores sais it all - "we tried ranked games, but got our asses kicked. So now we practice playing unfair in unranked games, then we might try getting points by taking that strategy to the ranked games".
-pathetic...

Any ways, Just to warn you all, if 4 swiss players have already joined, then don't bother, its probably those 4 guys and its no fun...

Edit:
The quotes above were the very first ones in the chat and were written in the first 1-2 rounds btw..

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 06, 2012 00:14

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

thx for your post, i will be aware of swiss players!
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

the rare swiss language overheard in the wilds of uniwar.
vonknut

vonknut

Actually I think its a variant of french, they talk both some french and german in switzerland.

But anyways, in the code of conduct it says that "pre-start-teaming-up" is a violation and will result in ban.
http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/812.page
-but how do you petition a ban?
[Avatar]
Skar

[Avatar]
Skar

Thanks for the heads up. A couple of Kenyan players pulled a similar stunt on me. Poor sods didn't realise I could speak Swahili.

Nothing says 'Carpe Diem' like beer made of beer.
Fact.
vonknut

vonknut

Wow, crazy coincidence, what are the ods for that
[Avatar]
Skar

[Avatar]
Skar

One of my best friends lives in Nairobi.

Nothing says 'Carpe Diem' like beer made of beer.
Fact.
Forum Index » General Discussion