[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Hardcore ladder
Forum Index » New Feature Request
jb__

jb__

I would like to submit for players' discussion the following petition to the developers:

Let'a change the ranking ladder or add a new one (call it "hardcore" or such).
The new ranking will not rely on honor or luck and will prevent cheating, transfers etc. and thus reflect closely one's skills at UniWar.

This is what I propose:
1) points for this ranking obtainable only from RANDOM ONE-ON-ONE rounds (see below)
2) NEW GAME GENERATOR:
This pseudo random generator will make sure that for each player in 18 rounds he will have exactly one of each (race versus race):
- starting first
S v S, S v K, S v T
K v K, K v S, K v T
T v T, T v S, T v K
- 9 others the same races but the player starts second.
When matching players the generator will look for the closest ranking available player, if none within X points then the first active player directly above the first player.

The game clock will start when the second player makes his first move.
There will be a preference toggle (active, inactive = participation suspended). In order to generate new games one will have to be active (and thus will also accept games generated by others).

3) EACH ROUND CONSISTS OF 2 GAMES:
- a pseudo random generated one (see point 2)
- a rematch (the same opponents on the same map switch sides, the one who started the first game is second to go in the rematch)

4) Points awards
- The one who wins the 2 games gets points
- In case of 1 to 1 result the one who won with less turns gets points
- In case of 1 to 1 result and both games finished in the same number of turns no one gets points (draw)

-------------------- ----------------------------

What do you think? At least points 1, 3 and 4 should be implemented (very easy)
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

very good ideas, especially 1,3,4

About 2 not shure

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

point 3 is VERY cool.
It can deal with unfair games problem.
Very useful idea!

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

I asked Xavi to see this topic. Hope, he will do it.

[WWW]
Nuell

Nuell

good idea
but can't understand what means second point

and I think that it should be a separate new ladder
not everyone wants to play random race

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

3 is actually a very good idea, solves the "Blue sapien is OP!" issue.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Many good ideas here ...

1. yes
2. yes, if practiacal
3. yes, but maybe not right to force re-match within a time frame...
4. yes

The ideas will be easy to implement (i think) on medium level players due to quantity of active players. But how well will this idea work on 2500+ ?

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

simsverd: If this is to be a separate ladder, existing rankings (such as "over 2500") won't be an issue. Everyone starts out with a set number of "Hardcore Points" and then they gain or lose Hardcore Points based on how they do in "Hardcore Games". If this ladder works well enough, you could simply abolish the old ladder and include only the new ladder.

I think that it might be best to implement only 1, 3, and 4. 3 and 4 go a long way towards making games fairer, because unbalanced matchups will be flipped to be unbalanced in the other direction in the second match.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

droidfreak36 wrote: simsverd: If this is to be a separate ladder, existing rankings (such as "over 2500") won't be an issue .

Yes.. but after some time the "hardcore" ladder will resemble todays ranking..

My comment is really more generic ... how to implement a system that works equally well for the many in the middle rankings and also for the few in the top...?

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Here's my idea, it might be totally bogus but I think it could work.

Choosing opponents for random games:
Instead of choosing opponents based on points, choose them based on ranking. Say if you are ranked as the 2000th player, you could be partnered with anyone from the 2100th player to the 1900th player. That way if you are 300-400 points ahead of the next best player (like the current top players are) you still can get matched with them.

Awarding points:
Points awarded (P) equal some constant (K) times the losing players score (L) divided by the winning players score (W) (P = K * (L/W)). That way what matters is not the numerical difference between scores, but the ratio of scores. A 4000 player beating a 3500 player would get the same points as a 2000 player beating a 1750 player. Perhaps to increase the effect of scores on points earned the formula could be [P = K * (L/W)^2] or the exponent could be increased even more.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

waiting for Xavi

[WWW]
Nuell

Nuell

One mean about normal ladder:

I would like to learn what you think about adding in function of player "Available for Random games" choice race possibility.
Now many players are not open for random games because they simple dont want to play for random race and they are starting games for blue everytime.

I think if developers add this possibility, more players will be opened for games.

nomadmax

nomadmax

I like points 1,3,4 very much and think this steps could really improve ladder fairness. As I support Nuell's idea of allowing player to have a preferred race when he is open for random games, I also don't see the necessity of step 2, because idea of rematches makes every game fair automatically and gives player possibility to choose preferred race and still take part in a ladder.
[Avatar]
marqes

[Avatar]
marqes

good ideas

-= The RUniwaR Team =-
[Avatar]
yemrot

[Avatar]
yemrot

What about multi-player games? they require different strategy and some players (myself not included) only play multi-player games. These games should count too, although I think it would be difficult/impossible to prevent collusion.
That being said, teaming up and manipulating other players in chat is arguably just another part of the strategy of mult-player games.
Forum Index » New Feature Request