[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
team color
Forum Index » New Feature Request
would u like to choose team colors
yes 94% [ 17 ]
no 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18
dole227

dole227

let us choose team color in solo it would be a nice feature maybe useless but nice
regard87

regard87

What would you do to differentiate between teammates units who are the same race?

I dont think the colors are an issue, once you've played enough team games you realise that the "cool" colors and the "warm" colors make up the teams.
Red, Orange, Yellow being warm with White thrown in.
Blue, Green, Teal, being the cool with Black thrown in.
Maybe team units could have some noticeable difference. A common decal color, outline color or base color with the accent being your original.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

This feature is coming soon.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

regard87 wrote: What would you do to differentiate between teammates units who are the same race?

I dont think the colors are an issue, once you've played enough team games you realise that the "cool" colors and the "warm" colors make up the teams.
Red, Orange, Yellow being warm with White thrown in.
Blue, Green, Teal, being the cool with Black thrown in.
Maybe team units could have some noticeable difference. A common decal color, outline color or base color with the accent being your original.

I agree. We already can differentiate our team from the enemy team by looking at temperature of color.
butz

butz

the question is, where's my purple?
ironklad

ironklad

I would like to add that some of the existing colors are really hard to differentiate. Green and Teal (and to some extent Blue) look very similar, especially when zoomed out. This would be worse for someone who is even mildly colorblind.

And, on the subject of colorblindness (or just ease of use in general), it would be nice if there were different icons that would help differentiate teams... for example, frame each unit in a different shape outline, for example circle, square, triangle, star, hexagon, player's first initial, etc. This would be good as an OPTIONAL feature. I assume most of your players are male - that means about 8% of your player base potentially has additional difficulty differentiating teams.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 15, 2012 16:05

regard87

regard87

The different shapes for color blindness could just be an option you turn on or off. Could just be a circle, star, square, oval, etc that paints the hex under the units. Good thought.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
Forum Index » New Feature Request