[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How to beat Helicopter?
Forum Index » Khraleans
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

thanks for the thoughts – certainly khral heal factor can be very strong, and pulling off an upset against sapiens often means setting up opportunities to use that. Sapiens usually have a lot of options to kill rather than wound though (given two helis reliably finish a Garuda, and once they gain a material edge they can start using three helis or marine combos to finish units etc.) I think the x3 heal factor is paid for by the 300 unit cost, vs. 200 for the x2 healers. Increasing defense to 1 would just keep them alive slightly longer and make it more possible for khral to inject them into games in some situations, it's a pretty small effect. I'm a fan of the mobility increase to 8 which was a bigger change, and I don't think we've seen that be a problem .

I don't think a pinzer bump alone will really impact the problem enough (as I said, I think doing all the suggested changes shy of the 'big guns' probably won't be enough, but should make things a little better). With pinzers there's just too much of a mobility mismatch and the Sapien attack is very mobile – helis can often move farther with their *second* move than pinzers can with their first/only.
RussellPoint

RussellPoint

So I'm a bit of a noob atm and could really do with a few pointers on how to use Khral well as I like them the best...any chance I could give someone an unrated game?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

invite me unrated and we play

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Wrath Of Sid

[Avatar]
Wrath Of Sid

Normally when faced with a Heli I wear it down with bug bites (heh heh) and have a bunch of infectors at the back which my damaged units can run away to. Unfortunately that doesn't work when faced with more than one heli.

Sanity is for the weak!!!
Forum Index » Khraleans