[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Project Evolve-A Community Driven Evolution
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

savior59 wrote: Good job OP on making this post, this should help organize these ideas. I also have a couple ideas of my own . The ideas I have are NOT about units, but about the creation and maybe the change of some tile stats.

**New Tiles**

1) -Road:

2) Estuary :

3) Bridge:

In my mind, all of these tiles are worth adding, but what do YOU think?

I have to admit, all three of these tile types sound VERY GOOD! The road would also be a tile that equalizes the value of ground units to air, since air units right now are overpowered in the sense that terrain NEVER affects them at all! No defense penalties and no movement penalties! Anyway, I REALLY like these tile ideas.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

road and somekind of bridge is great idea. But i wouldn't create two land/water crosses. 1 is far ok.
cogger

cogger

I really like the sound of those tiles
[Avatar]
Toss

[Avatar]
Toss

Well I know that some of You probably have enough of me, but I'm sort of stubborn.. first time, when I was writing about the max supply I didn't talk about details.. this time I want to explain how I see this feature to work in UniWar.

The supply system would keep a good balance between every race, because each player would think twice, before buying something new in late game. If the max supply in UniWar would be set to.. lets say 50, there wouldn't be a stalemate situations, where people will barricade them selfs in end game.. and no one wants to attack.

Every single unit would have their own supply count, so no one could mass the most powerful units and make an invincible walls.

Saps:
- Each infantry would take only one supply - I mean the marine and engineer.
- Each marauder would take three supply.
- Tanks would take four supply.
- Helis and batteries would need five supply each.
- The destro would need six supply.

Tans:
- Mechas and assimilators one supply each.
- Speeder - three supply.
- Eclipse - four supply.
- Plasma - five supply.
- Walker and Hydro - six supply each.

(...)
[Avatar]
Toss

[Avatar]
Toss

(...)

Khrals:
- Underling and infector - one supply,
- Swarmer - two supply,
- Garuda - three supply,
- Pinzer - four supply,
- Wyrm and leviathan - five supply each.

This solution would affect only late game, because starts would be the same as now. This feature would stop players to build an endless army of tanks and artillery.. what do You think about this? I really would want to know if this system would have any sense in UniWar or should I stop thinking about that?

Cheers!
savior59

savior59

@Toss, Sounds like an interesting idea, but keep in mind the pros and cons of this. On the pros side, it would prevent maps from being overpopulated and invoke deeper strategy in players by having them keep in mind the supply cost. However, keep in mind though that this would destroy the idea of unit preservation. Also, if your supply capacity is full, and you have mostly tanks while your enemy starts to get swarmers, what do you do? I think this would be great to add as a side mode or a "hard" mode, but should not be used in rated games.
[Avatar]
Toss

[Avatar]
Toss

@savior59:
Why do You think it would be something like 'hard mode'? It wouldn't affect most of the game-play, only ending turns. The max supply count could be set in the option menu - player could set it from 0 (off) to 100, and I highly doubt it, that any one would have reached the max 100 supply in any game. This max supply count would only prevent of making a giant wall of artillery, thats completely blocks further pushes from other player.. if two players would do such a wall - we have a stalemate situation - supply would only help to avoid stalemates, because if someone would make an artillery wall - the player would lack others units and would be easier to break through.

Your example is a bit bad if you ask me.. You'r saying about situation when Sap player have gone pure tanks. I really don't know if someone actually plays this way anyway, when I'm playing against any one - I'm making mixes of various unit types to not to be defenseless if something unplanned appear. But lets say that Sap player have gone pure tanks in game with supply, and he is maxed out.
You must ask yourself a question - why did he want to that? If he's playing vs Khrals and have pure tanks, so Khral player was going into mass underling/infector/pinzer/wyrm combo without air (still I dont understand why someone could make pure tanks against such force).
If Khral player suddenly starts making swarmers and Sap player is maxed out with tanks - Sap player still have chance to win, because if he was maxed all this time - he have huge amount of money available to build mass helis/marines/marauders if he will loose some of the tanks, and tanks could still rape rest of the Khrals ground units.

This feature would force people to play more strategically rather than pure force.

Cheers!
savior59

savior59

@Toss, Don't Get me wrong I think it's a nice idea!! But I thought that you ment that the "supply" would be 30-70 (which to me, doesnt seem like alot.) By "hard" mode, I kinda mean a "side" mode that you can put onto maps, kind of how you can turn teams on and off or set the fog of war on or off. I think it's a great idea, but it shouldn't be one of the top priorities of Uniwar.

By the way, ty on the feedback on the jJet

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03, 2012 16:19

cogger

cogger

I think there should be more depth added to sea battles. Why not add different sea tiles? Maybe something like large swells and smooth water? Also, just to join the craze, submarine sounds cool.
Second idea, what about mines. Make a unit that plants mines on the hex that it is standing on that only damages the opponent, with splash damage to the surounding hexagons. The unit would have no attack, but some defense.
cafaling

cafaling

Map Ideas...

Fort Grant - Has new terrain (Explained in terrain section), Large size, 4-8 players.

Launch Silo Alpha - Has more new terrain, Small size, 2 players.

Titan Assmebly Zone - New terrain, Medium Size, 4 players.

Terrain Ideas...

Sapien Bunker/Khar Hive/ Titan Power Bunker - Light Ground of the respective Races gets a defensive bolster, can be captured by enemy Race's Light Ground Unit without loss of Ground Unit.

Road/Bridge/ - Increased Mobility for Ground, Decreased Defense.

Crater - Slows down Ground Units, Increasd Defense.

Irradiated Land - Slowly kills Ground Light Sapiens and Khars, lasts for three turns.

I will revise it if too overpowered or there are typos.

I may seem sane, but really, I worship nukes...
savior59

savior59

@cafaling, I dont know about these tile ideas, but I do like the map ideas! Anyways I thought of 1 more new tile that could alter uniwar for the better. Also, for the road tile, there should be no negative stat changes.

Cavern: A cavern tile is much like a cave, a gaping hole that goes into the ground, but here's the deal, its inacessable to aerial units! Thats right, you can't fly a helicopter into a cave! (I'd be impressed by anyone that can) So this tile would help alot of map makers who feel that the map should be ground-only.

Stat Changes: Ground Light: +2 Attack/ +2 Defense
Ground Heavy: +1 Attack/ -2 Defense
Aerial and Aquatic: N/A
This tile will cose 4 mobility for Ground Light units, and 5 mobility for Ground Heavy units.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 06, 2012 18:11

cogger

cogger

Savior59, thats genius! That would for sure help Balance flying units with their no terrain penalties. It might also give the pinzer a bigger part in the khral army
savior59

savior59

@Cogger, Thank you very much!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06, 2012 19:06

cafaling

cafaling

@Savior59 Thanks for the feedback, I guess I went overboard with the ideas, although on a road, you would be more vulnerable, maybe not, I dunno...

How about this -

Settlement - +3 Defense to Ground Light, +1 Defense to Ground Heavy, -2 Movement to Both.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 07, 2012 16:54

I may seem sane, but really, I worship nukes...
evgen

evgen

Hi all

I think will express the idea of many.

We need the full game replays.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10, 2012 02:02

Forum Index » New Feature Request