[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Tank Air power
Forum Index » Sapiens
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

Just came here to agree. Tanks should be able to hit air with at least 1 or 2 attack power.

I know it was a very specific design choice, but in practice it feels like a mistake or a flaw.

ESPECIALLY compared to the plasma tank of course, which can not only hit air, but hit it very hard. The discrepancy between that and the sapien tank is not going to make sense to most players. Especially new ones, it is counter-intuitive. It's a racial balance issue that results in a too-harsh punishment for that one unit.

How does a helicopter catch the flu, exactly?
anonym551653

anonym551653

StarryBlink wrote: I think tank and pinzer are OK.
Kharl vs Sap is already an exciting air combat.
In most map which marines can wall copters, Sap dominate.
But in some area which marines can't wall, garudas hunt copters.
On average, Sap get only a slightly advantage.

But I'm glad if you add more air power to tank and pinzer.
Because today when I play as kharl or sap in FFA,
I have to turn my strategy 180 degree when I build garudas and swarmers to fight sap opponent.
Then another titan player attack me from another side with eclipses, I'm severely disadvantage.
That why I prefer to pick titan in FFA, plasma tanks are strong against all units.

And although I speak as sap lover, batteries are really pathetic.
Their range should be 2-4 like hydronaught.

I don't see why so many hate batteries, their move after attack makes them rock on smaller levels compared to the walker who must move or they block the factory.
anonym551653

anonym551653

Mantis Lord wrote: Just came here to agree. Tanks should be able to hit air with at least 1 or 2 attack power.

I know it was a very specific design choice, but in practice it feels like a mistake or a flaw.

ESPECIALLY compared to the plasma tank of course, which can not only hit air, but hit it very hard. The discrepancy between that and the sapien tank is not going to make sense to most players. Especially new ones, it is counter-intuitive. It's a racial balance issue that results in a too-harsh punishment for that one unit.

Plasma tanks don't heal 2 they also cost more than the others and with titans costing so much, it makes them hard to use. So the air attack makes eclipses not as necessary for titans to make the PTs come out more making the game balanced in the end.
JY4answer

JY4answer

Tanks being 400c goes a long long way. While being able to go toe to toe with a pinzer or plasma tank, you can also produce more of them. For every 4 plasma tanks you can get 5 tanks. Depending on the situation and map this can mean a lot.
Forum Index » Sapiens