[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Starting tips in map-making
Forum Index » User Generated Maps
anonym551653

anonym551653

My personal tips for balancing is if Titans are underpowered make defensive positions more rewarding, for Khraleans do attack instead. Sapiens are balanced in this sense so they shouldn't be to hard. Also if mass swarm is done too much and you don't want less money make the level bigger with more chokepoints.
Causality

Causality

Hello,

I can't play my maps "solo" against AI. I can only publish them and play it online. Is that right ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

Also, once you've uploaded a test map online. Can you/How do you delete it ?

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28, 2015 16:56

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Another tip when testing a map is to be both player 1 and to NOT be player 1 (have a fellow tester invite you to your map. That way you can see if what looks good from side A is just as good from side B

(found an invite to an interesting 6 player team map only to find player one had almost twice as many bases to get to easilly as the rest of the players and interestingly player 3 and 5 also had bigger zones (map designer didn't realize team A is 1, 4, 6) I attempted to invite him to his own map (with bots as team mates but was declined sadly.) awe snap....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27, 2016 04:37

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

This is probably really obvious, but I can't work it out!

How do I setup a game as player 2?

I have created and uploaded my first map (Best of Five). Obviously its a completely original masterpiece and will never need updating! ...but just in case I thought I should play test it a few times, and for the life of me I can't work out how to start as player 2.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Unless you have an alt you can't. Even with an alt it's a royal pain logging back and forth.

Best bet, ask someone in chat to help you out with testing the map and ask them to set it up and invite you. It is key to see secondary players seat as some maps it seems ballanced from the cockpit or seat 1 but not as goor (or too good) from seat 2.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Glad I'm not completely losing it, but it's a shame that' it's not possible. In which case Dragon, if you like the look of Best of Five, would you mind challenging me
[Avatar]
Jeffph79

[Avatar]
Jeffph79

Once is map is ranked and then it gets a bunch of down votes, should you look at changing the map to better balance?
[Avatar]
milton rodrigues

[Avatar]
milton rodrigues

Guys, how can i find my map?! I made a map (name: Hellcife) and after posting it and testing it with friends i noticed that there was an error. How do i download again and fix the error? I made two other maps after this one and i can't restore the original version to change

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30, 2019 22:05

Forum Index » User Generated Maps