[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Our Balancing Salvation!
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Would you like balancing changes to be put into effect?
Yes. 63% [ 12 ]
No. 21% [ 4 ]
Yes, these ideas are awesome, and I'd love to have very balanced uniwar! 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19
regard87

regard87

The more i think about it why are we trying to limit burylings? Theyve been the only reason I pulled off some narrow victories against Titans

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

about titan vs kharl balance

I think the point isn't titan weakness against kharl.

** But it's titan weakness against bad terrain. **

In maps with mostly normal tiles like wild plain or chato hill,
titan are very strong even against kharl.

But in maps with a lot of forest & mountain like jungle or butterfly,
titan are weak even against sapien.

I think the solution should be a change
that make titan more playable across all terrain.

Here's my idea :
Add special ability to speeder : Jump

When speeder use jump,
it can move across any tile like aerial unit with 12 mobility.
But it can't land on base, water or rock.
It still be blocked by enemy's zone of control.

It also can attack after jump.
When attack after jump, its attack and
defence stat are like it's land on normal tile.
i.e. it doesn't take any terrain penalty.

And it can move after attack like its usual.

The jump ability need 5 turn to cooldown.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26, 2012 08:39

arlyb

arlyb

Current top 50 Players:
Khraleans: 29 players
Sapiens: 26 players
Titans: 5 players

Conclusion: Titans are the weakest race and they need some help.

Simplistic analysis? Maybe, but folks are voting with their feet ... er, fingers. The only balancing changes I'd say should be made are ones that weaken Bugs and Saps and strengthen Titans. Underling spam is a real problem. I'm in two games now where in order to advance offensively I've had to build dozens of mechas whose sole job is to sit around and block buried underlings from surfacing. Titans may have a good long game, but it's hard to get there when you are forced to not only pay for the most expensive units in the game but ALSO you have to spam out loads of cheap units to act as place holders.

I have little sypathy for Battery weaknesses when they are 200 quatloos cheaper than Walkers. Walkers SHOULD be better if they are way more expensive to get in the first place. Snakes should maybe be made weaker, imo.

regard87

regard87

I'm not so sure the lack of Titans in the top 50 is because the other two races need weakened.

I agree with StarryBlink that terrain affects Titans too much and therefore makes alot of maps unplayable. If that wasnt so much the case then maybe more people would use them. But I think a large number of people still wont want to because thier just such a slow race. You have to have the utmost patience. IMO Titan players shouldnt focus on capping bases so much as walling in so long and dealing so much damage the opponent surrenders. lol

I say this as someone who started out loving Titans and playing with tons of patience and slowly made the transition to a Krealean fan whos much more aggressive. (I play Random Random now though.)

Anyway Titans should lose some of thier terrain effects I think. Would it even need to be an ability like jump? Could it just be changed so that terrain doesnt affect Speeders as much? Or as has been discussed give every race a new unit that helps with thier weaknesses, like Titans lack of speed and mobility.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Sapien vs Titan

I think baterry is obviously underquality for its price.
Its range of 3 & 4 make it an artillery with the thinnest band of attack.

Increase its defence from 4 to 6 should make its quality closer to its price.

About sapien tank I think it's fine already.
It's work as its price of 400c.

-------------------

Kha rl vs Sap

Increase infector's defence from 0 to 3 should be a good idea.
That will make infector more likely to deliver plague before marauder/copter can kill it.

[Avatar]
andrei82b

[Avatar]
andrei82b

youownme wrote: Our balancing Salvation
Proposed solutions:

Khraleans:

*Allow infector to infect as many marines as are in a one tile radius. This will provide more protection and get rid of more of those marines. A possible downfall is the effectiveness on close maps, such as powerplay. Keep in mind batteries, marauders and helis can one-shot infectors.

*Plague range of 2 with cooldown. This will help limit the ability of sapiens to pull back and repair. Also get them to spend some credits on engineers. A possible downfall is the ability to sit behind pinzers and plague.

Sapiens:

*Battery cost increase to 650, and a move AFTER attack of one tile. [..]

Seems that some of proposals got implemented fast. I wonder how you managed to do that or do devs actually read the forum? Anyway, it was very fast so, whatever your method, congrats.

Still, as most of you mentioned, something needs to be done for titans concerning the terrain issue, limiting access to titan players in top 50.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31, 2012 05:29

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

They read the forums from time to time..

But we are also using other channels.

We have used 8 players games with some of the best players in the game for balance discussions - and then included the devs.

thx for your efforts YouOwnMe!

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
AleMolghi

AleMolghi

Hi all,
I started playing Uniwar in 2010, and even if my score is not so high I play a lot (mostly or almost only unrated matches), expecially with Simsverd, who seems to be one of the most active players in the forum

This morning I saw the notification of the changes that developers are going to introduce. My concern is about infector: I find really unbalanced the proposal of expanding plague radius to 2hex distance, and preserve at same time the attack after move feature and 0-turn cooldown.
I know that plague could be not as effective as engineer's titan froze, but here the risk is to pass from a supposed OP situation (I definitly don't agree Saps are OP respect to Khrals) to a certain opposed situation.

Infectors cost more, but they have a better heal multiplier, and they move 8, which in most cases means
2 hexs (vs the often only 1 hex of engineers and assimilators). Let them plague EVERY turn form a 2 hex distance, maybe behind a couple of pinzers, means force saps to heal their units EACH turn, or be defeated.
I think that plague radius can be enlarged, but should loose attack after move capability, and possibily have a short cooldown. Or, if infectors mantain AAM, the cooldoun should be long, at least as long as assimilators.

I hope developers will read my post and consider with attention the introduction of a modification that will give to khrals a big advantage on saps in any map: Saps have only marines and helis to oppose to khrals, as tanks cannot hit air units (and garudas causes more damage to a tank than an heli can do to a pinzer... consider also the cost of a garuda and an heli in this).

P.S. YouOwnMe: your proposal (was yours?) of infecting more than one marine at a time IMHO is completely out of game: saps could not use marine anymore in this case...
youownme

youownme

Alemolghi, yes I understand your concerns. Repeated plague like that would be very powerful and I have suggested a cooldown. I was thinking nine turns. Problem with many balancing options however is that they may require a new version of the game, then all old versions would have to be abandoned. In regards to multiple infection, I agree with you it is too powerful.

Anytime anyone would like to discuss 1 v 1 feel free to invite me.

-_-
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

I agree plage with 2hex radius plus attack after move is too much.
Like engineer's EMP after move in the previous day.

Plague with 2hex radius but unable to attack after move should not be overpowered.
But it maybe difficult to deliver like EMP today.

I suggest a more conservative way to increase infector's power :
Plague still can deliver after move, In the form of plague bullet.
Infector can fire plague bullet in 1-2 block distance.
Only the target of bullet will get plague.
But when the turn end, units adjacent to the target will contact plague.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01, 2012 21:35

AleMolghi

AleMolghi

Hi YouOwnMe,
I understand that there are parameters in the game code that can be changed server-side, and others that require a new version of the game.
I think no attack-after-move for 2hex radius plague plus a couple of turns of cooldown would be the most balanced, but in case this requires a new version of the game I think your proposal of 9 turn cooldown is a good compromise.
Also because I use a Symbian phone, and Uniwar team does not support anymore this OS

P.S. I had a long discussion with Sims last weekend, while we were playing, and nobody was able to make the other change his mind
I also know that there is no way to test in advance these changes, because there is no a beta-testing environment for players to be used extensively...
That is why I suggest moderation to developers: it's wise to introduce modifications step-by-step, cause in my personal experience I've seen that when a change is made then it's quite difficult to come back to previous situation. This is most of the times a psychological matter, but hard to fight.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 03, 2012 15:26

[Avatar]
andrei82b

[Avatar]
andrei82b

Maybe the answer in balancing the no plague cooldown time issue could come from reducing the time o cooldown for the other paratroops. 9, 10, 11 or whatever turns it takes these days after UV or EMP actually means you only get to use it once in the game per paratroop.

The game would be more strategic if that number would be lowered to let's say 7 turns.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 03, 2012 15:49

youownme

youownme

As you are all aware, plague range 2 and battery move after attack will be put into effect soon. There has been some concern about repeated plaguing, and battery cost. If battery cost is too much, devs will lower it too 600. Unfortunately, plague cannot have a cooldown via server update, so if plague is unbalanced they will bring it back down to 1 as well. After these changes have settled, here are my proposed titan changes:

1. Assimilator mobility boost to 7.
2. Stomp damage increased to two.
3. UV on buried.
4. Eclipse decreased penalties in terrain.

Please tell me what you think of all of these, and which should be put into effect. (Or all).

-_-
metadeity

metadeity

My thoughts are that titans are underpowered and need various buffs on land (they need a nerf on sea though imo) the plasma tank is just an expensive wall it gets spammed to death and dies and it can't even occupy a base if there is a plain next to it.

To handle this I suggest boosting defense by 1 increasing ground heavy damage by one, and maybe just maybe boosting movement up to 7

As for the hydro nerfimg my thoughts are reduce defense by 1 and aquatic damage by 1, or at the very least reduce aquatic damage by one as both reduced could be too much of a nerf

My idea on titan uv which i have spoken about with youownme in a match up is to make it do 2 damage against underlings (1 on all other) and or reveal the location of the all the lings in the vicinity to make stomping easier
eyesofplenty

eyesofplenty

I am a novice that plays exclusively as titans. I would say they are difficult to play rIght more than they are underpowered. I think uv vs buried would be a good change, but no repair for buried would be too harsh for Khrals and also for titans when they assimilate. Often you don't get to capture a full health underling so when you do get one you want to be able to bury and heal up so it can be brought out later.

I think there is potential for UV spam but as another poster mentioned its a pretty expensive strategy getting 10 assimlators out - credits and real estate.

Finally the terrain disadvantage is just part of titans. I choose my maps carefully. For bad terrain maps you have to just think more about strategy, and for some just don't play them! I prefer being mad to think harder because if strong terrain effects, than just using the same strategy all the time regardless of map

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10, 2012 16:54

Forum Index » New Feature Request